Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Big Metal Box

Big Metal Box

Old Jan 29th 2008, 3:49 pm
'mon the cowboys

texas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond reputetexas_ranger has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Big Metal Box

Originally Posted by Tracym
PMSL Glad its not Glaswegian, I cannot manage that.
You an'all.
You're off my list of acceptable septics.

Not that you were ever on it.

C
Old Jan 29th 2008, 4:55 pm
Just Joined

Location: Northern California..about 20miles South of SFrancisco
Dr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud of

Aww geeza brek man, ah wuz only huvvin a laff n' at.
Ma burd(wife) is fae Maryhill by the way.

See I may not be one but I can speak it like a native.
Now about your extensive knowledge.
Moan geez it.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

ukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud ofukelaine has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Dr Glovepuppet
Hey ho.

I'm currently living in Nor Cal and I'm heading back to Scotland in the summer to flog the house and tie up loose ends.
I need to bring all the usual bits and bobs back with me, some big items like furniture and boxes of CD's and photo's etc blah blah.
I've had a look for half size container rentals but I'm finding it all a bit confusing.
Has anyone here tried or know any reputable companies that rent containers or will handle the shipping for me?
I'm assuming people like Pickford's would do it but would want to charge me 700 years of salary.
Any helpful names or hints would be appreciated as I don't have the time to train geese or fish to carry them over the Atlantic. I've worked out that it would take 765 geese to fly one couch and many more haddock to do the same.
It was a while ago, but, if I remeber correctly I used DHL. I packed everything myself and it was fairly cheap, must have been i did another load a few years later.
The neat thing was it didn't matter how much things Weighed, but, how much space they took up.
I was lucky to live near a Ski / sports shop and they had these Very sturdy HUGE ski boxes, they were taller than me. I fell in them several times !! LOL

After I was done they weighed a Bloody ton or even two tons, but, I saved a bunch of money and also sent furniture.

But, to save even more money I did have to pick up the load from Long Beach, as the cost from Long Beach to San Diego was nearly as much as it cost from England to USA !!

Elaine
Old Jan 29th 2008, 9:45 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tracym
But have you trained them to carry your suitcases?

No, mine are lightweights. All they can fetch and carry is the supermarket flyer.
Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by texas_ranger
You an'all.
You're off my list of acceptable septics.

Not that you were ever on it.

C
What a sensitive sort.

I never said Glaswegians are bad, just that I can't understand them.

Of course, since I can't understand them - maybe they're saying something bad things after all.

Hmmm....
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:57 am
Just Joined

Dr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud ofDr Glovepuppet has much to be proud of

Tracy there are no bad people in Scotland...everyone is fluffy and cuddly and nice.
Nobody has a gun and we leave our doors unlocked so that strangers can come in and borrow sugar and money and occasionally DVD players.
No sorry that's burglary I was confused then.

Still..even the burglars are lovely and always give a friendly nod as they run down the street with the TV under their arm.

I does rain quite a lot but we can't have everything.

grin
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:18 am
Just Joined

Oh and thanks for the tip ukelaine. Good idea.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Tracy there are no bad people in Scotland...everyone is fluffy and cuddly and nice.
Nobody has a gun and we leave our doors unlocked so that strangers can come in and borrow sugar and money and occasionally DVD players.
No sorry that's burglary I was confused then.

Still..even the burglars are lovely and always give a friendly nod as they run down the street with the TV under their arm.

I does rain quite a lot but we can't have everything.

grin

I was born at night, but it wasn't LAST night
Old Jan 30th 2008, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

I was born during the day. I spoke almost within an hour of being born and was riding a bicycle the following day.
A week later I had invented the xylophone and had cloned myself several times.
My clones all have good jobs and keep in touch regularly.
Except for No 4 who is a miserable bastard and should be killed.

This isn't getting me my container information is it?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I was born during the day. I spoke almost within an hour of being born and was riding a bicycle the following day.
A week later I had invented the xylophone and had cloned myself several times.
My clones all have good jobs and keep in touch regularly.
Except for No 4 who is a miserable bastard and should be killed.

This isn't getting me my container information is it?
Well with all those talents, why on earth would you need a container. Why not just invent a teleporter, and beam your belongings over or something. Or just clone them over here, then no need to move them.

lol I don't know anything about containers sadly. Have you searched the forum? I'd search "removals", I think I've seen some stuff on here before.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:04 am
Just Joined

Oh Tracy Tracy Tracy if only it were that simple.
Teleporting is much too complex..but miniaturisation is workable.
I can do it with most of my laundry with ease.
Big underpants go in...teeny tiny little ones come out.
Now where is that patent office number.

Oh and by the way are you a Yank or an English?
Just curious.

Last edited by Dr Glovepuppet; Jan 31st 2008 at 4:05 am. Reason: spelling
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:06 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Oh Tracy Tracy Tracy if only it were that simple.
Teleporting is much too complex..but miniaturisation is workable.
I can do it with most of my laundry with ease.
Big underpants go in...teeny tiny little ones come out.
Now where is that patent office number.

Oh and by the way are you a Yank or an English?
Just curious.
LOL ah yes, the male miniaturization laundry phenomenon!

Cold or warm water dear - permanent press setting on the dryer. Unless the little ones are giving you a thrill.

I'm a yank - engaged to a Scot.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 4:58 am
Just Joined

Engaged to a Scotsman...well done.

Best get a good stock of Irn Bru/Deep fried Pizza/Lard/Fish Suppers/Square Sausage into the house for him.
Oh now I've made myself all homesick.

And now that you mention it..tight but strangely pleasant but with a strained expression.

Don't forget the Tennents Lager
Old Jan 31st 2008, 5:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Engaged to a Scotsman...well done.

Best get a good stock of Irn Bru/Deep fried Pizza/Lard/Fish Suppers/Square Sausage into the house for him.
Oh now I've made myself all homesick.

And now that you mention it..tight but strangely pleasant but with a strained expression.

Don't forget the Tennents Lager
He'd be a disappointment to you - he's not too much into the traditional food.

But I do have lard - and nice suet, fresh from the cow that I've frozen - Cornish Pasties, Clootie Dumpling, mmmm. Oh yes, and roast tatties with the lard (I can make some of the Scottish stuff).

And Highland Shortbread... and scones...

Sorry, did you say you were homesick?

oh, and re the underwear - you're reminding me of a radio bit where the talk show hosts put on ladies pantyhose
Old Jan 31st 2008, 7:08 am
Just Joined

In my youth in Scotchlandshire I was a motorcycle courier (the true meaning of cold) and one of my co-workers used to wear womens pantyhose beneath his leathers/waterproofs as he claimed they kept him much much warmer.
I never put his theory to the test but I did borrow his brassiere a couple of times.
Only kidding.
About the bra.

Fiance doesn't like the traditional food? Have you checked to make sure he isn't gay or French.
Have you seen the movie Green Card?
Wahaha wahhahah.
Evil Laff

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.