Big Ben

Old Dec 26th 2005, 6:58 am
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Big Ben

Is there a way to watch the New Year's Eve Big Ben chimes on the internet? The New Year just ain't the same without Big Ben....it's a bit of an anti-climax actually. I'd love to watch it live and grab some of the atmosphere.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 10:52 am
Forum Regular

yorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to beholdyorkshire_lass is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Big Ben

Originally Posted by Rockgurl
Is there a way to watch the New Year's Eve Big Ben chimes on the internet? The New Year just ain't the same without Big Ben....it's a bit of an anti-climax actually. I'd love to watch it live and grab some of the atmosphere.
Hope someone comes up with an answer, would like to see that myself. I have mostly got over the frequent homesickness but this was my first Christmas away from family and the UK, and to be frank, it sucked.....
Old Dec 26th 2005, 12:33 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

Only trouble is it'd be like "BOING...Happy New year....oh its only 7pm"
Old Dec 26th 2005, 12:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Angry White Pyjamas
Hey AWP duno why but that made me laugh..lol
Old Dec 26th 2005, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

aboding is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't know of anywhere that you can here Big Ben but you can see it live at

http://www.camvista.com/england/london/bigben.php3

Its not very clear but you can also see more live web cams of London
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:47 pm
Rock Goddess

Rockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond reputeRockgurl has a reputation beyond repute

I know! But really I'd rather celebrate it at 7pm the British way and then again with the anti-climatic American way at midnight. The first chime of Big Ben always brings a tear to my eye.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 5:54 pm
Account Closed

Angry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to beholdAngry White Pyjamas is a splendid one to behold

I know! But really I'd rather celebrate it at 7pm the British way and then again with the anti-climatic American way at midnight. The first chime of Big Ben always brings a tear to my eye.
It did mine too when I got my fingers caught in a model of it one drunken news year eve.

But I know what you mean. If it'll help Ill come on here and type BOING really loudly at midnight next saturday.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:43 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hey AWP duno why but that made me laugh..lol
Houston has sucked all the intelligence out of you!

Last year one of the cable news channels was going country by country on the hour. 5pm was something like Helsinki, 6pm was Berlin, 7pm was London etc. etc... Dont know whether they are going to do it again (not that I can remember if it was MSNBC, Faux News or CNN)
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

It did mine too when I got my fingers caught in a model of it one drunken news year eve.

Details please.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 7:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Patrick

Thanks.
Old Dec 26th 2005, 9:37 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Patrick]Houston has sucked all the intelligence out of you!

Hey you are so right there...don't take much to make me Hopefully I'll improve
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:00 am
CA to TX to Jamaica

CaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond reputeCaliforniaBride has a reputation beyond repute

With this.... you can do both!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 2:20 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Patrick

Last year one of the cable news channels was going country by country on the hour. 5pm was something like Helsinki, 6pm was Berlin, 7pm was London etc. etc... Dont know whether they are going to do it again (not that I can remember if it was MSNBC, Faux News or CNN)
they usually go around the world at new year on tv or simply print this out and place one of those little jingle bells in side before assembling it. give it a shake at 7pm est.... nearly as good

Last edited by Lord Lionheart; Dec 27th 2005 at 2:29 am.
Old Dec 27th 2005, 10:59 am
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yorkshire_lass
Hope someone comes up with an answer, would like to see that myself. I have mostly got over the frequent homesickness but this was my first Christmas away from family and the UK, and to be frank, it sucked.....
Hehehe I thought you were posting about the Steelers quarterback Here we go Pittsburgh!
Old Dec 27th 2005, 12:24 pm
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

But I know what you mean. If it'll help Ill come on here and type BOING really loudly at midnight next saturday.
I hope you are going to remember to do that for every time zone ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.