Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best way to transfer UK money to US credit card?

Wikiposts

Best way to transfer UK money to US credit card?

Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:51 am
Just Joined

paulecoyote is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best way to transfer UK money to US credit card?

Hello,

my wife and I used her credit card (she's american) over in the states when we were there to pay for stuff to be delivered to her parents house. We now want to pay it off as we are currently based in the UK - but paypal seems to cost loads. I'm in the process of signing up with xe at the moment - has any one else got any particularly good suggestions for transfering UK £££ over to US $$$ for a credit card payment?

Thanks,

Paul
Old Jan 19th 2005, 6:59 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best way to transfer UK money to US credit card?

XE is good, I think there's a few others that people have used, search the forums...probably a few threads on the subject in the moving to UK section.
Could always just transfer a large amount to US every quaterly and have it paid off online rather than transfering for each payment...
Old Jan 19th 2005, 9:08 am
Just Joined

paulecoyote is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best way to transfer UK money to US credit card?

That's two people whom have recommended XE to me then. Well I'll probably follow that route. In case any one else finds this thread this is a snippet from a useful PM sent to me on the subject:

"make sure you use UK online banking to transfer money to their UK account and use EFT (not wire) to send the money to your US bank account - this way you will incur no charges"