Reload this Page >

The best tip(s) ever!

The best tip(s) ever!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:12 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The best tip(s) ever!

Originally Posted by Celsius
And you know nothing about the client and the OP yet you were quick to make judgements.
free country isn't it and yes i'm feeling very lively today
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:14 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Giving $1000 tips for a haircut is idiotic, whichever way you look at it.
Equal to $10 for some people ..Is all relative to your earnings ...
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
free country isn't it and yes i'm feeling very lively today
Wish I was, stayed up far too late last night on this infernal forum...and facebook.
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Exactly.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

So if you got a $1000 tip you'd give it back?

I'm sure there's hair stylists/cutters out there in Hollywood and other places that charge $$$$s for haircuts so a $1000 tip may not be unheard of.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:15 pm
Account Closed

completely ludicrous.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:16 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Conspicuous consumption, inappropriate generosity...... - both not very nice in a world where so many lack even the basics for survival.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:17 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

It is.

I wonder if she is old and has poor eyesight and was going to tip a $100, still extravagant but less so.

Or she is wildly upset having lost her lover or was told she was dying and at that moment money didn't matter to her < sigh the romantic imaginative side has come out in me, should go off and pen a 'mills and boon' >
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:22 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, it is silly. And in IHO, so was your response,
my response was my response, silly in your eyes or not.....it's my opinion and i'll repeat it once more.....imo it's an obscene amount, end of.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:23 pm
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

inappropriate generosity......
or maybe Anabella was wearing old clothes with a hole in it (an accident A not that you go round like that lol!)
or something and the person thought she looked poor so she was spreading out her wealth a bit....could be commendable but as we don't know the whole story (hint Ana.. my imagination is going into overdrive)
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
she must have money to burn tipping that much, she needs to look around her country at the starving peeps on the streets or donate it to the sick and needy :curse:
Agreed :curse:
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Make that the world. Are you going to suggest next that the waiter, waitress or cook tell her to be sure that she eats everything on her plate because people are starving through the world.
Now your taking thing's a tad out of context here.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:35 pm
Account Closed

southern comfort is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by anabella
So I have a client that is always very generous with her tips, she comes occasionally for blow dries and tips me $200 every time I see her. This week she comes one day for me to remove her hair extensions.. and tips me $1000! And then she comes back the next day for me to put new extensions on her hair and tips me another $1000!. She is such a thoughtful and pleasant woman too, bless her.. you have no idea how particular some of my clients are..
You did report those tips on your taxes right ?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Celsius
And you know nothing about the client and the OP yet you were quick to make judgements.
So you are not gob smacked at the amount of the tip to the OP.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Exactly.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.