Reload this Page >

The best tip(s) ever!

The best tip(s) ever!

Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:35 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The best tip(s) ever!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
Oh my goodness. Is she stupid? How does one accept that much money gracefully? And if you gave her 500 back, would she try to tip you 5000 next time LOL
all i can think of is that money must come easy to her...
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
she must have money to burn tipping that much, she needs to look around her country at the starving peeps on the streets or donate it to the sick and needy :curse:
I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you'd received that tip. In any case, the client may well give generously to charities but neither you or I know.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:47 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Celsius
I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you'd received that tip.

err and how do you know

In any case, the client may well give generously to charities but neither you or I know.
i had thought of that however she needs to donate more coz her country has starving people.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Celsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond reputeCelsius has a reputation beyond repute

i had thought of that however she needs to donate more coz her country has starving people.
And what are you doing to help those starving people? You live in the US too, just like the OP and her client.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:54 pm
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: The best tip(s) ever!

Or she could have given it to you to pay your electric bill!! LOL
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:54 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Make that the world. Are you going to suggest next that the waiter, waitress or cook tell her to be sure that she eats everything on her plate because people are starving through the world.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:56 pm
Account Closed

And what are you doing to help those starving people? You live in the US too, just like the OP and her client.
you know absolutely nothing about me, least of all about who i choose to donate to in any country
Old Aug 10th 2007, 1:58 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Rete
Make that the world. Are you going to suggest next that the waiter, waitress or cook tell her to be sure that she eats everything on her plate because people are starving through the world.
now that's a bit silly rete.....we all tip however that amount the OP quoted is obscene imo, period!
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:01 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

now that's a bit silly rete.....we all tip however that amount the OP quoted is obscene imo, period!
I agree.

More money than sense, clearly.

Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Adnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond reputeAdnams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
I agree.

More money than sense, clearly.

But we all wish we had it dont we?
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:08 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, it is silly. And in IHO, so was your response, hence mine. How someone decides to dispense their money is up to them. If they want to overtip for a simple service of hair extensions, then so be it. Obviously they can afford it and not have to go to a soup kitchen for their next meal.

As for my suggestion, I grew up with that phrase at every meal. Couldn't then and still can't now, how my cleaning my plate would ensure food for a starving person.

BTW perhaps Anabel goes to work in pitiful rags and/or discusses the household poor finances do to illness or immigration to generate sympathy
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

you know absolutely nothing about me, least of all about who i choose to donate to in any country
And you know nothing about the client and the OP yet you were quick to make judgements.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:09 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Adnams
But we all wish we had it dont we?

I'll stick with my sense, thanks
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:10 pm
Concierge

Actually, I don't. I don't want to be obscenely wealthy. I would like enough to pay my debts and live a comfortable life in a 1600 sq. ft. home with perhaps an acre of land in a rural area of the Carolinas with perhaps a savings account of $250,000 for the remaining years of my life.
Old Aug 10th 2007, 2:10 pm
Homebody

And you know nothing about the client and the OP yet you were quick to make judgements.
Giving $1000 tips for a haircut is idiotic, whichever way you look at it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.