British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   The best tip(s) ever! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/best-tip-s-ever-473017/)

anabella Aug 10th 2007 5:37 am

The best tip(s) ever!

So I have a client that is always very generous with her tips, she comes occasionally for blow dries and tips me $200 every time I see her. This week she comes one day for me to remove her hair extensions.. and tips me $1000! And then she comes back the next day for me to put new extensions on her hair and tips me another $1000!. She is such a thoughtful and pleasant woman too, bless her.. you have no idea how particular some of my clients are..

Adnams Aug 10th 2007 5:45 am

Re: The best tip(s) ever!

Originally Posted by anabella (Post 5171453)
So I have a client that is always very generous with her tips, she comes occasionally for blow dries and tips me $200 every time I see her. This week she comes one day for me to remove her hair extensions.. and tips me $1000! And then she comes back the next day for me to put new extensions on her hair and tips me another $1000!. She is such a thoughtful and pleasant woman too, bless her.. you have no idea how particular some of my clients are..

???? Is she a dyke?? Money tooooo burn?

Irn-bru Aug 10th 2007 5:46 am

I thought this was about tips as in 'how to remove stains or how to save money etc' ;)
But wow you sure do have generous clients. :)

Adnams Aug 10th 2007 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5171472)
???? Is she a dyke?? Money tooooo burn?

oh by the way where are you? I need new extensions rays werent full enough ??

Sally Aug 10th 2007 5:48 am

$1000????

Bloody hell

Irn-bru Aug 10th 2007 5:49 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 5171481)
$1000????

Bloody hell

yes I'd better not go to her as I feel generous if I give a fiver :D

Sally Aug 10th 2007 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Irn-bru (Post 5171487)
yes I'd better not go to her as I feel generous if I give a fiver :D

Me too

Adnams Aug 10th 2007 5:50 am

Originally Posted by Sally (Post 5171481)
$1000????

Bloody hell

Thats a big tip????? Thats more than some peoples rent??? Dont get it, but my new hair do is weighing my brain down..............

surly Aug 10th 2007 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5171491)
Thats a big tip????? Thats more than some peoples rent??? Dont get it, but my new hair do is weighing my brain down..............

Two brain cells don't take much weighing down though. :p

Maz Aug 10th 2007 6:01 am

So I have a client that is always very generous with her tips, she comes occasionally for blow dries and tips me $200 every time I see her.

Blow dry or blow job? :D :D :D Are you sure she is/was a she? :D :D :D

Sally Aug 10th 2007 6:12 am

Originally Posted by Paua Shell (Post 5171509)
Blow dry or blow job? :D :D :D

And the rest :blink:

Mallory Aug 10th 2007 10:16 am

I think Ana lives in the Aspen region doesn't she? Bet her client is Goldie Hawn!!!

Dogbyte Aug 10th 2007 10:30 am

Certainly not of monetary value, but each karma point on B.E...More value than money to me.:D

Redlippie Aug 10th 2007 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Dogbyte (Post 5172159)
Certainly not of monetary value, but each karma point on B.E...More value than money to me.:D

Oh, have we got a new karma whore on board? :D

Ray Aug 10th 2007 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by Paua Shell (Post 5171509)
Blow dry or blow job? :D :D :D Are you sure she is/was a she? :D :D :D

What a stupid username

Adnams Aug 10th 2007 12:38 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5172450)
What a stupid username

Like the new "do" Ray. Is that one of anabelles or our own creation???

Ray Aug 10th 2007 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5172492)
Like the new "do" Ray. Is that one of anabelles or our own creation???

Just a little somethng I created for myself

Rete Aug 10th 2007 1:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5172503)

Uncreate it, Ray.

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by Adnams (Post 5171479)
oh by the way where are you? I need new extensions rays werent full enough ??

They look great BTW!

ironporer Aug 10th 2007 1:05 pm

Do you offer 'extra special services' to get these tips?

I bet if you'ld fly down to FL to give Ray a haircut, he'd give you a big tip too....;)

Redlippie Aug 10th 2007 1:05 pm

I think it is sweet of Ray to want to look like his mum.

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by Ray (Post 5172503)

Cute!

Redlippie Aug 10th 2007 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer (Post 5172606)

I bet if you'ld fly down to FL to give Ray a haircut, he'd give you a big tip too....;)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:07 pm

Oh my goodness. Is she stupid? How does one accept that much money gracefully? And if you gave her 500 back, would she try to tip you 5000 next time LOL

Ray Aug 10th 2007 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by ironporer (Post 5172606)

Mybeloved Anabella ..Of course I would give her something special....

Redlippie Aug 10th 2007 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc (Post 5172614)
Oh my goodness. Is she stupid? How does one accept that much money gracefully? And if you gave her 500 back, would she try to tip you 5000 next time LOL

Aspen - land of the obscenely wealthy. Bet she carries that around on her as pocket change.

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by Redlippie (Post 5172623)
Aspen - land of the obscenely wealthy. Bet she carries that around on her as pocket change.

Wowie.

So, does that mean that you have really high operating costs? And that some crazy bat might want to sue you because their bangs dont flick/sit "properly"?

another bloody yank Aug 10th 2007 1:23 pm

How does one accept that much money gracefully?

Would it be graceful to laugh like a madman, yell "So long, sucker!!" and run away jumping and clicking my heels?

Ozzidoc Aug 10th 2007 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by another bloody yank (Post 5172664)
Would it be graceful to laugh like a madman, yell "So long, sucker!!" and run away jumping and clicking my heels?

No.

But I'd be happy to watch the reaction you'd get if you did that :rofl:

TruBrit Aug 10th 2007 1:33 pm

she must have money to burn tipping that much, she needs to look around her country at the starving peeps on the streets or donate it to the sick and needy :curse:

TruBrit Aug 10th 2007 1:35 pm

all i can think of is that money must come easy to her...:rolleyes:

Celsius Aug 10th 2007 1:40 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5172693)
she must have money to burn tipping that much, she needs to look around her country at the starving peeps on the streets or donate it to the sick and needy :curse:

I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you'd received that tip. In any case, the client may well give generously to charities but neither you or I know.

TruBrit Aug 10th 2007 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius (Post 5172729)
I'm sure you wouldn't say that if you'd received that tip.

err and how do you know :confused:

In any case, the client may well give generously to charities but neither you or I know.

i had thought of that however she needs to donate more coz her country has starving people.

Celsius Aug 10th 2007 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5172759)
i had thought of that however she needs to donate more coz her country has starving people.

And what are you doing to help those starving people? You live in the US too, just like the OP and her client.

Mallory Aug 10th 2007 1:54 pm

Or she could have given it to you to pay your electric bill!! LOL

Rete Aug 10th 2007 1:54 pm

Make that the world. Are you going to suggest next that the waiter, waitress or cook tell her to be sure that she eats everything on her plate because people are starving through the world.

TruBrit Aug 10th 2007 1:56 pm

Originally Posted by Celsius (Post 5172774)
And what are you doing to help those starving people? You live in the US too, just like the OP and her client.

you know absolutely nothing about me, least of all about who i choose to donate to in any country ;)

TruBrit Aug 10th 2007 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by Rete (Post 5172784)
Make that the world. Are you going to suggest next that the waiter, waitress or cook tell her to be sure that she eats everything on her plate because people are starving through the world.

now that's a bit silly rete.....we all tip however that amount the OP quoted is obscene imo, period!

Elvira Aug 10th 2007 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by TruBrit (Post 5172800)
now that's a bit silly rete.....we all tip however that amount the OP quoted is obscene imo, period!

I agree.

More money than sense, clearly.

Adnams Aug 10th 2007 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Elvira (Post 5172812)
I agree.

More money than sense, clearly.

But we all wish we had it dont we?