Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best time/day to fly to USA?

Best time/day to fly to USA?

Old Jun 2nd 2006, 7:58 am
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best time/day to fly to USA?

Originally Posted by snowbunny
Newark Lincs or Newark NJ?

New Jersey
Old Jun 10th 2006, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Roadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to beholdRoadster280 is a splendid one to behold

Just flew back from LGW.

Top tip for Delta travellers, if you are a FF in their Skymiles program:

Take the last of the three daily flights to LGW, and return on the last to ATL.

Reason:

No business class seats sold on this flight, but same aircraft used. So front section is allocated to FF's in the Skymiles program. As told to me by checkin agent at LGW. Seemed to work, as I was upgraded on the ATL-LGW flight, which was the last one of the day. Didnt get an upgrade on the LGW-ATL flight, as it was the middle one.

Hence you get a business class service for economy price. Might not suit everyone, but handy for some.
Old Jun 10th 2006, 11:47 am
Forum Regular

pdamiant is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by britnyank
Hi,
I've been trying to research best (ie cheapest) times to fly over to the States. The internet just seems to want to sell me tickets - how can I find out which airlines have which cheapest days, times etc?
Other than that, has anyone any experience of the better days, times, airports etc? We're planning on flying to Phoenix, from maybe Manchester, Humberside or London - or any other airport Eastern England, at some date in late summer - August/September. Surely some days/times must be 'better' than others?
Anyone?
Thanks.....
www.kayak.com

they will search for you.
Old Jun 11th 2006, 7:38 am
BE Forum Addict

basementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond reputebasementwaj has a reputation beyond repute

try these guys. not used them but they seem cheap... http://www.flightseverywhere.co.uk/
i have used kelkoo, onlinetravel and expedia.. all pretty much the same. Buy your tickets soonish, the price wont go up or down much but you will relax and not stress out about buying them once you have them.