Reload this Page >

best place to live in USA

best place to live in USA

Old Jul 31st 2013, 8:49 pm
mee
Banned

mee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default best place to live in USA

i'm young, and i have no idea about what job i want to do, but something like social work, sociology, business, management, human resources, administration, real estate, car sales

i was also thinking about opening up a business like a restaurant, deli, milkshake store, smoothie store, bar, hotel, b and b something i don't know

i also don't have any money and i don't want to reply on my wife for money

so i need somewhere that has extremely cheap land and property, and very low cost of living, and potential for one of the businesses i stated .

other than that i really don't mind where

also please name the specific town or city, and not just the state
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:06 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: best place to live in USA

So you think I'm just going to give you my business plan for earning wealth beyond your wildest dreams?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

rculater will become famous soon enough

Kivalina, AK.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:15 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mee
i was also thinking about opening up a business like a restaurant, deli, milkshake store, smoothie store, bar, hotel, b and b something i don't know

i also don't have any money
If you don't have ANY money...how in the world are you going to start up a business and obtain an investment visa to the USA?

also please name the specific town or city, and not just the state
I live in Mesa, AZ and I love it. But the visa problem has to be solved first, before you decide where to live in the USA.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:22 pm
mee
Banned

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you don't have ANY money...how in the world are you going to start up a business and obtain an investment visa to the USA?

I live in Mesa, AZ and I love it. But the visa problem has to be solved first, before you decide where to live in the USA.

Rene
i don't understand? i though since my wife is American and i will be a permanent resident that i didn't need all these visas ????

and i could get a loan from a bank to start a business
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Would it need to be near your wife?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:26 pm
mee
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
Would it need to be near your wife?
not necessarily but ideally yes, but she doesn't have any ties there as all her family moved years ago, and she was born in the usa and is a citizen but isn't familiar with anywhere there
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:27 pm
mee
Banned

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
what point are you trying to make?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mee
i don't understand? i though since my wife is American and i will be a permanent resident that i didn't need all these visas ????
Ah, you neglected to mention that your wife is American and that you'll be a US PR.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by mee
what point are you trying to make?
Nutmegger was trying to say that you're living in the Twilight Zone, the way your post was worded. He also didn't know your wife was a USC and that you'd be an LPR.

Everyone so far thought (like me) that you were looking for a way into the USA based on starting a business.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by mee
and i could get a loan from a bank to start a business
It might be difficult to get a business loan as soon as you get to the USA, because you won't have any credit history.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mee
not necessarily but ideally yes, but she doesn't have any ties there as all her family moved years ago, and she was born in the usa and is a citizen but isn't familiar with anywhere there
You have listed quite a wide range of options in your first post, many of which bear little relation to eachother. I think opportunities will vary widely depending on what you decide to do. Also, a very cheap place to live might therefore be a poor place to be a realtor, car salesman, hotel owner or whatever. You will have to narrow it down a lot before you can get any meaningful advice.
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:38 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nutmegger was trying to say that you're living in the Twilight Zone, the way your post was worded. He also didn't know your wife was a USC and that you'd be an LPR.

Everyone so far thought (like me) that you were looking for a way into the USA based on starting a business.

Rene
Thank you, Rene -- very accurate response. OP, you say you have no money, and your possible job/business choices are all over the place. What qualifications do you have for any of these career paths? I suggest you take some time to narrow things down and decide just what you want to do, and then obtain the relevant qualifications. No bank is going to loan you money to start any business that you know nothing about. When did your OH last live in the US? Does she have a career to return to here? Will her income here be adequate to sponsor you to come to the US?
Old Jul 31st 2013, 9:39 pm
mee
Banned

Originally Posted by Sally Redux
You have listed quite a wide range of options in your first post, many of which bear little relation to eachother. I think opportunities will vary widely depending on what you decide to do. Also, a very cheap place to live might therefore be a poor place to be a realtor, car salesman, hotel owner or whatever. You will have to narrow it down a lot before you can get any meaningful advice.
ok, forget the careers i stated, i just want to know a good place to start one of the businesses i mentioned? that has a low cost of living ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.