Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best Movie Of All Time.....

Best Movie Of All Time.....

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 12:33 pm
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best Movie Of All Time.....

For me its something like ....

School for Scoundrels
Shawshank Redemption
Zulu
Italian Job (original not the crap remake)
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Oh! Mr Porter
Life of Brian
The Pianist
Black Hawk Down
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 1:20 pm
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Here's some of mine...
Great Escape
Shawshank Redemption
Airplane
Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid
the Way We Were
Groundhog Day
Planes,Trains and Automobiles
The Deer Hunter
Heat
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:22 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rushman
One of the best movies I've seen lately and one of my favourites was "Basic" starring John Travolta and Samuel L. Jackson. Twist after twist, well plotted movie.
Thought "The Life of David Gayle" was a good un too.
I thought that was a great movie, although it was one of those that kinda slipped under the radar, never really heard anything about it, just picked it up off the shelf at the movie store one day, a great find.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 2:30 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TN-Dave
Italian Job is an ace... (not the new one though)....
Ferris Bueller's Day Off....
The Blues Brothers

Although it's not acclaimed... Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels has some great one-liners in it.....

"What's THAT ?"
"It's my Bren Gun....."
"Where did you get that from ?"
"My House".
I love Lock Stock, awesome movie & always will be, must watch it again soon. Actually, I'm just gonna put it on my Christmas/Birthday wishlist, thanx for the reminder!
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:15 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

I thought it was on this thread that someone asked about a movie that you did not expect much from but turned out to be good.
Under this category would be 'Shadowlands' - especially relevant since it is about CS Lewis(Anthony Hopkins) and 'The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe' is out soon - guaranteed to have the girls reaching for kleenex.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 3:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Big D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond reputeBig D has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
I thought it was on this thread that someone asked about a movie that you did not expect much from but turned out to be good.
Under this category would be 'Shadowlands' - especially relevant since it is about CS Lewis(Anthony Hopkins) and 'The Lion, the witch and the wardrobe' is out soon - guaranteed to have the girls reaching for kleenex.

Superb movie
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:31 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Which Crash? The kinky one with Holly Hunter, or the recent one with Don Cheadle?
The recent one of course
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:32 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thydney
After the last time this came up I actually bought 'Seven Samurai' Is there only me thinks its bollock boring I much prefer the Magnificent Seven. Call me a palestine
The original is quality...and many of his movies were used as basis for a lot of modern stuff, so can't beat giving it a try at least
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:34 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Partystar
I thought that was a great movie, although it was one of those that kinda slipped under the radar, never really heard anything about it, just picked it up off the shelf at the movie store one day, a great find.
It was, probably because of the theme though...fun twists to the movie...and rhona mitra
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

woodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond reputewoodsey has a reputation beyond repute

Goodfellas - best film ever..
Close Encounters of the third kind..
Star Wars
Shrek
lion king
Mystic River
Point Break - Patrick Swayze, surfers robbing banks, should be shit but its ace!
Wizard of Oz
can't think of any more just now..
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 6:58 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=frrussre]Postino, Il (1994), great foreign movie.
QUOTE]

Life is Beautiful can be added to that list. One of the best Italian films ever IMHO.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:01 pm
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

Bladerunner
All quiet on the Western Front
Now Voyager
Paths of Glory
The Defiant Ones
A patch of Blue
Spartacus
Lonely are the Brave
A clockwork Orange
One flew over the cuckoo's nest
Chaplin
Kes
The man in the white suit
Kind hearts and coronets
City of God
Salaam Bombay
Cinema Paradiso
Fanny & Alexander
Taxi driver
Amadeus
Swingers
Billy Liar
Kind Hearts & Coronets
Reservoir Dogs
My Life as a dog
Sunset Blvd.
Sideways
The fog of War
Traffic
Saving Private Ryan
Sideways
Mystic River
Fargo
Forrest Gump
Remains of The Day
Howards End
How Green was my Valley
Goodbye Mr Chips
Jerry Maguire
The Shawshank redemption
The Green Mile
Once Upon A time in America
The Mission
Goodfellas
LA Confidential
The Last emporer
Slingblade
Shine
The Sixth Sense
The 39 steps
Scent of a woman
The Ladykillers
Citizen Kane
On the Waterfront
North by Northwest
Lawrence of Arabia

Might have missed a few??????
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 8:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lionheart
North by Northwest

Might have missed a few??????
The Man Who Knew Too Much ?
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

redlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to beholdredlobster is a splendid one to behold

My all time favorite is Once Upon A Time In America. Robert De-niro.
The music was fab as well.
Redlobster
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 9:48 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Dr. Strangelove (1964)
Lolita (1962)
Eyes Wide Shut (1999)
Paris, Texas (1984)
The Italian Job (1969)
Comment ça va? (1978)

Last edited by fatbrit; Dec 2nd 2005 at 9:51 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.