Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Best FX site

Best FX site

Old Mar 27th 2014, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

RalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the roughRalphJolly is a jewel in the rough
Default Best FX site

Hello,
I am about to transfer and convert some money from the UK to USA.
Did a bit of research, and it appeared that XE were the best.
When I went to place a 'trade' I found out about 'mid-rates'. Obviously that makes sense, and it is in the small print, but to give 'quotes' on the mid-rate
until you actually get down to business, is in my opinion a sharp practice.
Anyway, that aside, do XE still give the best rates -any opinions?
Thanks for any replies.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 5:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best FX site

Originally Posted by RalphJolly
Hello,
I am about to transfer and convert some money from the UK to USA.
Did a bit of research, and it appeared that XE were the best.
When I went to place a 'trade' I found out about 'mid-rates'. Obviously that makes sense, and it is in the small print, but to give 'quotes' on the mid-rate
until you actually get down to business, is in my opinion a sharp practice.
Anyway, that aside, do XE still give the best rates -any opinions?
Thanks for any replies.
I use TorFx who have always given excellent service.
Old Mar 27th 2014, 5:18 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best FX site

Until you have an account and can log in for a quote all the FX give mid-rates to those without accounts.

It isn't just the rate, are there any other charges imposed needs consideration. Then you also need a company that is licensed to send money to the State in which you live. I used World First as I found there rates to be on a par with the others and there where no additional charges levied by them. Unfortunately a change of regulations limited their license to deal with Oregon, so I'm now gone back to using Currencies Direct as they are now licensed to deal with Oregon.

At the end of the day they are all much of a muchness. Find a company you can deal with easily and who is licensed to send the money where you want it. They should all be within about $0.005 of each other. Unless you are transferring big sums it therefore makes little difference.