Reload this Page >

Best deal for Internet / Cable in Florida

Best deal for Internet / Cable in Florida

Old Nov 27th 2008, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

jopottie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Best deal for Internet / Cable in Florida

Hi guys

I'm trying to price up an internet / cable package for our house in Florida and can only seem to find Verizon and ComCast as the 2 companies offering this service. Is that so? Internet is a must where as cable is more a nice to have and not a necessity.

Any ideas of where I can find deals on packages etc?

Thanks

Joanna
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Redwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond reputeRedwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best deal for Internet / Cable in Florida

Have you tried AT & T or one of the satellite companies?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:15 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

What's wrong with Verizon? We use them for FiOS TV, FiOS Internet and our phone service, and they've been great. Really good service (although that's HIGHLY variable by area) and amazingly fast internet over their fiberoptic network.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 1:34 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jopottie
Hi guys

I'm trying to price up an internet / cable package for our house in Florida and can only seem to find Verizon and ComCast as the 2 companies offering this service. Is that so? Internet is a must where as cable is more a nice to have and not a necessity.

Any ideas of where I can find deals on packages etc?

Thanks

Joanna
Obviously there's no "Brighthouse" in your area then?

Verizon FIOS is pretty good if there's not an alternative in your area.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 2:11 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishinfl
Obviously there's no "Brighthouse" in your area then?

Verizon FIOS is pretty good if there's not an alternative in your area.
In Florida Verizon are lying scammers ...

various companies operate in different areas
Old Nov 28th 2008, 2:52 am
Banned

englishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond reputeenglishinfl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
In Florida Verizon are lying scammers ...

various companies operate in different areas
I said FIOS was a good alternative, I didn't say I use it, because I don't.

Almost sounds like you've had a different experience than I have with verizon, because I've never had a prob with them, thankfully.

And Yeah, I know that various companies operate in different areas, hence the way I worded it. I'm guessing that your post was to the OP.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:05 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I said FIOS was a good alternative, I didn't say I use it, because I don't.

Almost sounds like you've had a different experience than I have with verizon, because I've never had a prob with them, thankfully.

And Yeah, I know that various companies operate in different areas, hence the way I worded it. I'm guessing that your post was to the OP.
Of course it was ...

Read alll there small print ..catches and contracts galore ..
When they first put FIOS in our Road ..they never stopped calling
and the price varied by the week
Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:16 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Ray
Of course it was ...

Read alll there small print ..catches and contracts galore ..
When they first put FIOS in our Road ..they never stopped calling
and the price varied by the week
Yeah I've seen all the asterisks on verizons little gems that they send through, contract goes up 100% without notification after 6 months of the advertised price etc. The actual FIOS internet connection itself is actually pretty fast, even though I prefer the Roadrunner that I have.

The really stupid thing with it for us was that Verizon called us and offered it almost every week for months, and every time I asked them to check the availability because they hadn't even put it our street at the time. They'd say "oh sorry it's not available" ...yeah no kidding, so why friken offer it to me then?
Roadrunner rocks. Go Brighthouse!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:33 am
Ray

Roadrunner rocks. Go Brighthouse!
Yup ..I agree ...slower but good enough