Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Which is the best college in San Jose ?

Which is the best college in San Jose ?

Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:09 am
Banned

Thebookbeaver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Which is the best college in San Jose ?

I have just move to San Jose and do not have any idea which college I should Join. Do any one have idea which is the best college here. Please suggest !!

Thank you
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:30 am
BE Enthusiast

SalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond reputeSalopianFunk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which is the best college in San Jose ?

In terms of 2-year community colleges, I have a few friends who went to West Valley that seem to have a strong grounding.

As for actual degree granting universities, San Jose State university is a very good school that is actually in the city. Stanford is also very close, and is amongst the absolute best universities in the US, let alone the west coast. San Francisco State University is also close, and very good, as are UC Santa Cruz, University of San Francisco, and University of Santa Clara.

UC San Francisco is a phenomenal medical and dental school that has a brand spanking new campus that I have been watching being literally built from the ground up from my university. UC Berkeley is also proximal, and is arguably the best university in the US outside of the east coast.

There are also a handful of really good art schools if you choose to go that path, also.

Basically, there is a lot of quality out here.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 8:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Michael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond reputeMichael has a reputation beyond repute

The following are links to the three different systems of public colleges in California.

http://www.universityofcalifornia.edu/

http://www.calstate.edu/search_find/campus.shtml

http://californiacommunitycolleges.c...alphalist.aspx

Besides the public colleges, there are private colleges such as Stanford University and University of Southern California.

http://www.collegecalc.org/colleges/california/private/

Which you choose will depend on your budget, desired degree, location, whether you will be accepted, and possible financial aid.

Last edited by Michael; Jul 19th 2013 at 9:00 am.
Old Jul 19th 2013, 1:50 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Michael - which is the best depends in large part on what you're looking for, and you haven't told us anything about what your priorities and preferences are.

Regards, JEff
Originally Posted by Thebookbeaver
I have just move to San Jose and do not have any idea which college I should Join. Do any one have idea which is the best college here.
Originally Posted by Michael
Which you choose will depend on your budget, desired degree, location, whether you will be accepted, and possible financial aid.
Old Jul 20th 2013, 3:46 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like a song........