Best of British Music that Should Be Introduced to the Americans

Wikiposts

Best of British Music that Should Be Introduced to the Americans

Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:14 am
Account Closed

mattbutt is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Best of British Music that Should Be Introduced to the Americans

Originally Posted by ms_bhon

Manchester beat stuff did catch on over here in the late 80's... saw the Soup Dragons, and used to listen to Stone Roses, Happy Mondays and all of that back in the day. Brit pop may not rule here, but it definately has its following...
Stone Roses defo' thought the second coming wasnt too hot...anyone seen that scene in shaun of the dead where they are throwing records at the zombies...thats funny.

Stereo MCs were good,
Shamen too
Prodigy? I know they have just release a mediocre album always outnumbered never out gunned? That seems to be doing ok here, not sure about their earlier stuff here though.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:16 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mattbutt
Stone Roses defo' thought the second coming wasnt too hot...anyone seen that scene in shaun of the dead where they are throwing records at the zombies...thats funny.

Stereo MCs were good,
Shamen too
Prodigy? I know they have just release a mediocre album always outnumbered never out gunned? That seems to be doing ok here, not sure about their earlier stuff here though.
James
Shed Seven
Lightning Seeds
The Farm
Inspiral Carpets.
Sleeper (she was well fit)
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:17 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Manc
James
Shed Seven
Lightning Seeds
The Farm
Inspiral Carpets.
Shed Seven? You sure? Why don't we lob Cast in there while we're at it
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:19 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Quite amusing...and it's a so-so album.

Faithless hasn't done so well over here, which is a shame...
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:19 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Deadmeat
She left me on friday and ruined my weekend...

And Northern Uproar then! Pile of shite.

What about Travis, they seem to have a small following here
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:21 am
Account Closed

Deadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to beholdDeadmeat is a splendid one to behold

She left me on friday and ruined my weekend...

And Northern Uproar then! Pile of shite.

What about Travis, they seem to have a small following here
Menswear ... Gay Day ... Ocean Colourless Scene ... take 'em all ...
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:22 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

chasing rainbows is ace man!

Here's one from left field.
Morcheeba.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:23 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
Quite amusing...and it's a so-so album.

Faithless hasn't done so well over here, which is a shame...
So many good bands and a lot of not so good ones too. Pisses me off how manufactured music tripe does so well over here, the Uk is getting like that now too.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:24 am
Account Closed

Morcheeba.
Groove Armada...class stuff
and
Asian Dub Foundation too, great lyrics
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:25 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

She is indeed. Managed to see them in a small venue in Edinburgh before they broke up and she is pretty darn fit in real life. She can't sing for shit live though. Albums were great.

Echobelly were another decent indie band.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:26 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony_2003
She is indeed. Managed to see them in a small venue in Edinburgh before they broke up and she is pretty darn fit in real life. She can't sing for shit live though. Albums were great.

Echobelly were another decent indie band.
Boo Radleys...hmmm
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:28 am
Get em out by Friday

tony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond reputetony_2003 has a reputation beyond repute

While I can't condone Shed Seven, I do take issue with Cast. I saw them open for Oasis at Loch Lomand and they were amazing. Their first album was pure class mate.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:32 am
Account Closed

Morcheeba.
Didn't mind "Going for gold" either actually ... damn ...

Morcheeba yes ... and ...
Leftfield
Death in Vegas
Bluetones
Charlotte Hatherley's solo album (from Ash)
Future Sound Of London
Interpol
Kate Rusby
Kathryn Williams
Kosheen
Muse
The Libertines
Zero 7

Disclaimer - Some of those may not be British or any good.
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:34 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by tony_2003
While I can't condone Shed Seven, I do take issue with Cast. I saw them open for Oasis at Loch Lomand and they were amazing. Their first album was pure class mate.
The thing that caught my ear "Finetime", that was OK.

Let's lob the LA's album in there since we're in that neck of the woods?
Old Oct 7th 2004, 7:36 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

must have missed that one...

Saw SFA in NYC a month or two back, very good, also saw the sterophonics support some really crap american guy called howie day???! he was shit.

What about KLF?
Yes, KLF/Justified Ancients of Mu MU/the other name under which they had their number one in the UK were a mighty fine dance outfit even if they performed stunts. I would've thought that they did well in the clubs and even on college radio.

I can't remember the name of their incarnation when they performed on TOTP with an icecream van on stage and dressed as ice cream cones. Classic!!

I also recorded their infamous anti-art moment of burning the million Pounds.

NC Penguin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.