Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Benefits for Students

Benefits for Students

Old Apr 20th 2020, 7:20 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Benefits for Students

Originally Posted by KenA
I am sending in bahlf of my niece who lives in Alabama in the USA

She is 19 and studying in some college in Alabama.

She is not working and she has Green Card.

her parents are in so good financial situation and wonders if she is entitled to any kind of benefits from the government?

Why doesn't her parents support her in college or have her return home at least until the new semester starts. Also clarify what you means by "benefits". Living, food, tuition, housing, medical, books, etc.? The government doesn't hand out benefits to students in college. Any benefit, other than what is thought of as a benefit, i.e. education itself, normally comes from the college. There are government student loans but they need to be paid back. There are also private loans for education that require being repaid. There might be a state grant or a federal grant but I'm assuming the student has a computer and can look it up herself.

Everyone is correct ... go to the financial office when it opens to find out what is available to her.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Part of being a student is acquiring the skills to find information. She should be digging this info out herself.
Old Apr 20th 2020, 7:57 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
Part of being a student is acquiring the skills to find information. She should be digging this info out herself.
I can only assume that you are not familiar with what it means to be a millennial?
Old Apr 21st 2020, 5:45 am
Just Joined

Supercrazy898 is an unknown quantity at this point

Tell that to my Dad who still calls me for information as a 60 year old that regularly uses Facebook. 🙄
Old Apr 21st 2020, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

She should find out for herself I stick to my guns