Reload this Page >

Bee extermination

Bee extermination

Old Mar 23rd 2006, 12:59 am
Account Closed

Sally is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Bee extermination

Nice practical thread.

After a series of unforeseen expenses, I am trying to spend less than $500 on getting rid of some bees who have arrived in our eaves. The companies I have contacted all seem to have clever ways of arriving at this figure eg. $295. Oh, that's to exterminate and $195 to come back and seal it up. Or does it sound about right?

Thanks.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:10 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bee extermination

Originally Posted by Sallyanne
Nice practical thread.

After a series of unforeseen expenses, I am trying to spend less than $500 on getting rid of some bees who have arrived in our eaves. The companies I have contacted all seem to have clever ways of arriving at this figure eg. $295. Oh, that's to exterminate and $195 to come back and seal it up. Or does it sound about right?

Thanks.
Are they bees or wasps because around here they call wasps bees? I try to explain that they are not bees because they sting more than once or sting and fly off. Bees leave their stinger in you and die. We always have a big problem with wasps building their nests in the eaves during the summer.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:21 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Nice practical thread.

Thanks.
First of all. Did you get more than one quote? Did each quote explain exactly what the service provider was going to do to eliminate the bees?

The cheapest or cheaper quote isn't necessarily going to provide the treatment to eliminate your unwelcome guests. Caveat emptor!

NC Penguin
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

I have no idea if the same is true here but when my mum had a similar problem she called the council and they did it for 30 quid. Maybe if you give your city council office a call they may have some kind of similar service or be able to recommend a reputable one.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:47 am
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Nice practical thread.

Thanks.
we had a hive last year in the roof and to have the bees exterminated and it and the honey removed cost us $600. Once the Bees are dead you have to get the honey out pretty quick as it starts to melt and run down the wall cavities
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eskimo
we had a hive last year in the roof and to have the bees exterminated and it and the honey removed cost us $600. Once the Bees are dead you have to get the honey out pretty quick as it starts to melt and run down the wall cavities
but did it taste nice?
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:50 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

That's why I asked if they were bees or wasps as it's a much bigger problem if its bees.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:54 am
Banned

Lord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond reputeLord Lionheart has a reputation beyond repute

How about hiring some daleks trained to kill bees? They are encased in metal and cannot be easily stung.
Now might be a good time as they are probably not too busy being in-between filming Dr Who shows at the moment.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 1:58 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

...and then you have to pay someone $6,000 to remove the black bears from the wall cavities.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:03 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
...and then you have to pay someone $6,000 to remove the black bears from the wall cavities.
Just send for Ray or AWP.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 2:08 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Just send for Ray or AWP.
I think it's about $600,000 to remove one of those.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:04 am
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
Don't you mean you'll the bears will remove the wall cavities free of charge!

NC Penguin
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:18 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by lionheart
How about hiring some daleks trained to kill bees? They are encased in metal and cannot be easily stung.
Now might be a good time as they are probably not too busy being in-between filming Dr Who shows at the moment.
Yeah and they can fly now.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Are they bees or wasps because around here they call wasps bees? I try to explain that they are not bees because they sting more than once or sting and fly off. Bees leave their stinger in you and die. We always have a big problem with wasps building their nests in the eaves during the summer.
One came to look and said bees, but not sure they really know what they're doing.
Old Mar 23rd 2006, 3:21 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Duncan Roberts
I have no idea if the same is true here but when my mum had a similar problem she called the council and they did it for 30 quid. Maybe if you give your city council office a call they may have some kind of similar service or be able to recommend a reputable one.
It didn't occur to me to do this over here! Might be worth a try. Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.