Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT

Wikiposts

Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT

Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

AmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond reputeAmerLisa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Beckham TV - proof Americans have no WIT

Originally Posted by Leslie66

I love and understand British comedy. All of my favorite comedians and comedic actors are British. I'm not sure that being a clothes hanger with plastic norks actually qualifies one as a comedic actor though.
Oh dear.....
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:42 am
who turned out the light?

Irn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond reputeIrn-bru has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure that being a clothes hanger with plastic norks actually qualifies one as a comedic actor though.
well if you think that you are laughing at her and not with her, can see the comedic element
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:44 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mallory
Can you imagine being a small child, and having a mum that looks like Posh?

She looks like a mannequin out of a shop window.
MILF
Old Jul 18th 2007, 4:57 am
In the pink

Mallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond reputeMallory has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
i don't really think they are - i think the smart one here is Simon Fuller, their manager and former spice girls manager.
Exactly!
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:27 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hatfield1
MILF
you want to raise your standards, minger more like
Old Jul 18th 2007, 6:33 am

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bob
you want to raise your standards, minger more like
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:51 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
Watching Posh (Vicky) visit her WACKY neigbors including one of the face-lifts-by-crane ladies that did a DOLPHIN impression was a hoot. She got them all drunk and it was so friggin hilarious watching this bunch of cardboard stiff faces rolling around the floor.]
Maybe you missed the part where she said that she wants to be exactly like those "face-lifts-by-crane ladies" when she reaches their age because she thinks they're wonderful (and she's well on her way already, but the looks of it). So I'm not sure that Posh was trying to take the mickey out of them as much as she actually enjoyed their company.

Also, when Posh wanted to buy a watch for David without the paprazzi in tow, she brought a blow up doll (at the sex shop) and dressed it like herself (including full hair style) and sent it out of her house in the SUV. The fxxking American Paparazzi fell for it hook line and sinker.
If that had been the UK, I'm sure the British paparazzi would have fallen for it just the same. In fact, I'd bet that at least some of those paparazzi WERE Brits anyway.

America's bleating about the show proves beyond a doubt, they don't have a clue when someone is taking the piss out of them either.
There were some funny parts to the show – like when she asked the group of kids to explain baseball to her and they were all talking over each other, etc. But other times it was obvious that she was TRYING to be funny. For instance, when the DMV guy told her to sign the form and she said, "Who did you want me to make that out to? Oh, wait, you just mean SIGN the form…" Or when she was studying for her driving test and she asked her assistant was an intersection was. That doesn't make her sound funny, that just makes her look flat-out stupid.

~ Jenney
Old Jul 18th 2007, 7:58 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hot off the presses!!!

Her show was screened in the UK and was a complete flop. Is this proof that the British have no WIT?
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:09 am
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Hot off the presses!!!

Her show was screened in the UK and was a complete flop. Is this proof that the British have no WIT?
Hot off the presses!!!

We the brits do not share Victoria Beckham's kind of wit and that's official

and i could be speaking for myself here
Old Jul 18th 2007, 8:50 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
Hot off the presses!!!

We the brits do not share Victoria Beckham's kind of wit and that's official

and i could be speaking for myself here
Whew .... I was getting worried.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 12:55 pm
Pass me the Marmite..

franc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond reputefranc11s has a reputation beyond repute

SOunds like I'm on me own here... Oh well, I can't always be right
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:09 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by franc11s
SOunds like I'm on me own here... Oh well, I can't always be right
At the end of the day she is a multi millionaire in her own right and was a member of one of the largest bands around at the time performing to sell-out audiences across the world - I suspect that not many people on BE (myself certainly included) can claim as much success. It's not like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

Her image and music were not exactly to my taste, but I have to say her new breasts do look quite entertaining in a pudding bowl kind of way.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 1:42 pm
Sursum corda

cindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond reputecindyabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
People don't know how to take me either. I'm not sure that you're giving her too much credit. I put her in the same class as America's pride and joy, Paris HIlton. Spoiled? Yes. Concieted? Yes. Immature? Obviously. Stupid? I think they're smarter than they let on...
I do too. Would Becks have come to the US without her behind him? I doubt it very much.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:25 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Cape Blue
At the end of the day she is a multi millionaire in her own right and was a member of one of the largest bands around at the time performing to sell-out audiences across the world - I suspect that not many people on BE (myself certainly included) can claim as much success. It's not like she was born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

Her image and music were not exactly to my taste, but I have to say her new breasts do look quite entertaining in a pudding bowl kind of way.
<snort>

You use the term "band" loosely. No serious music fan would give them a second look.
Old Jul 18th 2007, 3:28 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by cindyabs
I do too. Would Becks have come to the US without her behind him? I doubt it very much.
I'm not convinced that coming to America is necessarily a good move for his career .... unfortunately she may go down as the Yoko Ono of English football.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.