Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBQ Season's here again

BBQ Season's here again

Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:04 pm
Account Closed

Rushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really niceRushman is just really nice
Default BBQ Season's here again

After months of cold and winter, we are finally coming up to summer and BBQ season. Therefore it is important to refresh your memory on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity, as it's the only type of cooking a 'real' man will do, probably because there is an element of danger involved.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put into motion:

Routine...
(1) The woman buys the food.
(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

Here comes the important part:

(4) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine....
(5) The woman goes inside to organise the plates and cutlery.
(6) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is burning. He thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he deals with the
situation.

Important again:

(7) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.

More routine....
(8) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces, and brings them to the table.
(9) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.

And most important of all:
10) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his
cooking efforts.
(11) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed "her night off." And, upon seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some women....
Old Apr 13th 2006, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

Glasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to all
Default Re: BBQ Season's here again

I know this is designed to wind us girls up - but I have to say it sounds very familiar......
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:19 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Can you just clarify whether the overworked bloke is expected to open his own beer and pick up the tongs to take the meat on/off the grill, or does the lazy wife get off her arris and help with those?
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:22 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Can you just clarify whether the overworked bloke is expected to open his own beer and pick up the tongs to take the meat on/off the grill, or does the lazy wife get off her arris and help with those?

hehe nahhh leave it to the bloke
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:26 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

Get your own Beer.... No, no, no.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:29 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
hehe nahhh leave it to the bloke

Typical - we've got to do everything!!
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:32 pm

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute

The correct way to present a beer to the hardworking Chef....
Attached Thumbnails BBQ Season's here again-how-wife-should-welcome-home-her-husband.jpeg  
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:34 pm
stara koka masna juha

cutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond reputecutina has a reputation beyond repute

i have to admit that i like the man-BBQ relationship thingy
anything that gets my man in primal mode is fine by me.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:36 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
I know this is designed to wind us girls up - but I have to say it sounds very familiar......
When you get an invite this summer you will see my ability to set fire to stuff, and break garden furniture is legendary
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:40 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
The correct way to present a beer to the hardworking Chef....
Gruff, how the hell did you get hold of my photo. I know we live in the same state but didn't realise we were that close.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:41 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point

Typical - we've got to do everything!!

ahhh but you love it really doncha
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Gruff, how the hell did you get hold of my photo. I know we live in the same state but didn't realise we were that close.
Yeah and I look like George Clooney
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gruffbrown
Yeah and I look like George Clooney

I must remember to close the blinds at night.
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Glasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to allGlasgowgirl is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Eskimo
When you get an invite this summer you will see my ability to set fire to stuff, and break garden furniture is legendary
Before or after the 15 beers? Look forward to it
Old Apr 13th 2006, 1:57 pm
Account Closed

Eskimo is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Glasgowgirl
Before or after the 15 beers? Look forward to it
It seems to comes natural regardless - did go you the other night ? I got stuck at bloody work

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.