Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Bbc Radio One

Bbc Radio One

Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:11 am
BE Forum Addict

nethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond reputenethead has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bbc Radio One

Originally Posted by clydegirl
DLT on the weekends classic stuff.Anyone know what he's doing now?
At this time of year he's probably rehearsing for panto

Annette
Old Nov 17th 2005, 12:17 am
roamin in the gloamin

clydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond reputeclydegirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nethead
At this time of year he's probably rehearsing for panto

Annette
You're probably right
Old Nov 17th 2005, 9:31 pm
Thinking about it

BigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond reputeBigDavyG has a reputation beyond repute

Annie Mac is playing Outer Space by the Prodigy right now.
Anyone who says that radio 1 sucks in the evenings needs to give it a second chance.
Great way to finish the work day off
Old Nov 17th 2005, 11:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

kevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond reputekevntrace has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, I've listened to Radio 2 when I go back to the UK on holiday. Its pretty depressing that all the DJs on there are former Radio 1 DJs. And I must admit Radio 1 sounds crap to me these days - must be getting old.

But I never, ever could stand Steve bloody Wright. Hated him from the first minute I ever heard him back on Radio 1. Really got on my tits. And the bus driver used to have him on during the journey home from school every day - arrrrrrrgh!

Sorry, just had to vent.

Originally Posted by Schnorbitz
You know you want to. All the old Radio One favorites - Steve Wright (in the afternoon, in the afternoon) and Simon Mayo.

BTW I am only 31 yrs young.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 1:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Lizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to allLizzi is a name known to all

Originally Posted by kevntrace
But I never, ever could stand Steve bloody Wright. Hated him from the first minute I ever heard him back on Radio 1. Really got on my tits. And the bus driver used to have him on during the journey home from school every day - arrrrrrrgh!

Was Steve Wright the one that used to do the stories -you know, they met, she was beautiful , he was beautiful, then yikes she was going to die (cue sad music), then (more music) they played 'our tune' and then after we'd all had a real good cry and we'd got to the death bed scene it turns out it was just her bunions after all, she was fine, she wasn't going to die, and we all stopped crying and secretly thought what a load of rollocks that was.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:20 am
BE Enthusiast

dinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to beholddinosaur is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Lizzi
Was Steve Wright the one that used to do the stories -you know, they met, she was beautiful , he was beautiful, then yikes she was going to die (cue sad music), then (more music) they played 'our tune' and then after we'd all had a real good cry and we'd got to the death bed scene it turns out it was just her bunions after all, she was fine, she wasn't going to die, and we all stopped crying and secretly thought what a load of rollocks that was.
Naaah - that was Bates, or "Simes" as he called himself - in the post breakfast before lunch morning slot. After the emotion of Our Tune, there would then be two half-hour slots where you'd have to guess the year the music and headlines were from. At least I think that's how it went.

Steve Wright did the "funny" characters.

It really was bad, wasn't it. But why do I remember it ??
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

Britdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud ofBritdrinker has much to be proud of

Mr Angry was one, I believe. Here in sunny Austin there's an English girl who DJs the morning show on one of the stations. I've often thought of calling in to the show as Mr Angry ... see if it freaked her out or not.

Heck, maybe she even reads this board!

The Simon Bates slot was called Our Tune! You can listen to some of it here: http://www.radiorewind.co.uk/simon_bates_page.htm.

Originally Posted by dinosaur
Naaah - that was Bates, or "Simes" as he called himself - in the post breakfast before lunch morning slot. After the emotion of Our Tune, there would then be two half-hour slots where you'd have to guess the year the music and headlines were from. At least I think that's how it went.

Steve Wright did the "funny" characters.

It really was bad, wasn't it. But why do I remember it ??

Last edited by Britdrinker; Nov 18th 2005 at 7:21 pm.