Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

BBC Election Coverage on C-SPAN 3 tomorrow night

BBC Election Coverage on C-SPAN 3 tomorrow night

Old May 5th 2010, 4:50 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all
Default BBC Election Coverage on C-SPAN 3 tomorrow night

Good news -- C-SPAN 3 have just announced that they are going to simulcast the BBC Election Night Special tomorrow night, starting 4.55pm. Good for them!
http://www.c-span.org/Series/Prime-M...Questions.aspx
Old May 5th 2010, 4:50 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BBC Election Coverage on C-SPAN 3 tomorrow night

Is that the one with the Swing-o-meter?
Old May 5th 2010, 4:54 pm
Forum Regular

Goodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to allGoodacre is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
Is that the one with the Swing-o-meter?
Yes, usually, though they'll need a 3D version this time! I think Jeremy Vine is due to do all the fancy graphics. Expect some to be absurdly over the top.
Old May 5th 2010, 4:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Sally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond reputeSally Redux has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Goodacre
Yes, usually, though they'll need a 3D version this time! I think Jeremy Vine is due to do all the fancy graphics. Expect some to be absurdly over the top.
Old May 5th 2010, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

sir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond reputesir_eccles has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, it isn't showing up on my Tivo. Maybe they haven't updated the schedule yet.
Old May 5th 2010, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sir_eccles
Hmm, it isn't showing up on my Tivo. Maybe they haven't updated the schedule yet.
It might not show up at all if the Leaders' Debates are anything to go by. They were still advertising "Today in Washington" on ours even while the debates were airing live. But it's confirmed on C-SPAN's website, so it'll be fine to tune in on the day
Old May 5th 2010, 9:53 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

How do I see this Cspandangle thing on my vision box
Old May 5th 2010, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

The first constituency result to be declared in the General Election is that from Houghton and Sunderland South, in Tyneside between 23:30hrs and midnight BST 06/05/10, to be followed not long afterwards by two more constituency counts in the same area around Sunderland as they always aim to be the first to be first in the race to finish counting the votes there.

Usually in British General Elections the swing from one party to another in the first result to be declared out of the whole 650 constituencies forming the Westminster Parliament is a sufficient guide to the final outcome of the election, but as this election is likely to be a very close run thing it may be much later in the night before a clear trend is apparent as to which party eventually wins, but that may not happen if the final voting figures result in a Hung Parliament with no outright party winner, in which case there may well be a wee bit of a tussle between the two main contenders - Brown and Cameron - as to who takes up residence at No 10. That's when the real fun begins.....and could result in a slide in the value of Sterling among other things.

The late evening news bulletins here in the UK state that roughly 30% of the voters are still undecided as to which way they will vote, and may still feel the same way when they enter the polling stations tomorrow.....they'll probably close their eyes, stab the ballot paper with the pencil and place the cross in the box nearest to the spot where it lands.
Old May 5th 2010, 10:47 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

I think c-span also streams live video from their website.
Old May 5th 2010, 10:49 pm

lansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond reputelansbury has a reputation beyond repute

Good news -- C-SPAN 3 have just announced that they are going to simulcast the BBC Election Night Special tomorrow night, starting 4.55pm. Good for them!
http://www.c-span.org/Series/Prime-M...Questions.aspx
That's good then if you get C-SPAN 3, who does it fact carry that?
Old May 6th 2010, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by penguinsix
I think c-span also streams live video from their website.
Yes -- just go to http://www.c-span.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx and choose links on the right.

It's also going to be broadcast over the net on BBC's Election channel, and without lockdown to international users -- http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/shared/election2010/liveevent/ .

Some other links and comments over on my Resident Alien blog at http://markgoodacre.blogspot.com/ if you're interested.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:20 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by lansbury
That's good then if you get C-SPAN 3, who does it fact carry that?
I know Time Warner Cable here in the Carolinas do because I get it. Twice in fact. I've heard from a lot of people that they can't get it, though. One mentioned to me that Direct TV doesn't carry it.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:23 am
A lion in your lap

elfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond reputeelfman has a reputation beyond repute

Direct TV doesn't carry it.
Just looked on our channel list and no, it doesn't appear to.

I can't remember who carried it but I watched the BBC coverage of the last election and was disappointed that it was missing all the on-screen graphics of the "LAB HOLD BARNSLEY SOUTH" variety.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:26 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by elfman
Just looked on our channel list and no, it doesn't appear to.

I can't remember who carried it but I watched the BBC coverage of the last election and was disappointed that it was missing all the on-screen graphics of the "LAB HOLD BARNSLEY SOUTH" variety.
Oh, that would be v. disappointing if so -- that's half the fun. Someone mentioned to me that the 2005 election was covered by C-SPAN 1. It was a few months for us before we moved to the US, so this is my first election out here.
Old May 6th 2010, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

kins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond reputekins has a reputation beyond repute

C-SPAN3 is channel 149 on Time Warner Digital in Maine - which is good because my parents are over from the UK and very keen to watch the coverage.

I think it could be a bit tense round here tomorrow evening...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.