Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Back From My Trip to Blighty! Part 1

Wikiposts

Back From My Trip to Blighty! Part 1

Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:05 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Back From My Trip to Blighty! Part 1

Originally Posted by anabella
She won't be dissapointed.. It's called Stanton
The pub is called Stanton?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:06 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
The pub is called Stanton?

The village is.. there is only one pub
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:11 am
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

The village is.. there is only one pub
The Mount Pub, I just did a google search, does that sound right?
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:17 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

The Mount Pub, I just did a google search, does that sound right?
Yes, and remember that its one of those pubs that doesn't open all day.. Lunch time is from 12 til 2 I think
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:18 am
Back where I belong!

Yes, and remember that its one of those pubs that doesn't open all day.. Lunch time is from 12 til 2 I think
Cool, thanx very much for the tip, have some karma!
Old Oct 31st 2006, 10:20 am

Cool, thanx very much for the tip, have some karma!

http://www.homeatfirst.com/stanton.htm
Old Oct 31st 2006, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

I've been to Broadway, my Mum's best friend lives there, Stanton doesn't ring a bell. I love the Cotswolds, if we had the money, that's where we'd move back to, but we'll settle for the outskirts & weekend trips there!

http://www.stantonguildhouse.org.uk/bookings.htm
Old Oct 31st 2006, 12:11 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Thumbs up Re: Back From My Trip to Blighty! Part 1

Glad you had a good time EnglishMum. I love going home, I can't wait until we go back again, which should be around April or May next year. Stratford Upon Avon is a must for me too, I love it there, my Mum used to take us somewhere in the Cotswolds every weekend when we were growing up.
I love the Cotswolds too! Actually we splashed out a few years ago and spent a week in a holiday cottage in the Cotswolds in the Summertime. We do tend to get tired rushing around visiting various friends and rellies across England so for a change we rented a lovely old Grist Mill on the Owlpen Estate in Gloucestershire near Stroud/Tetbury. It was great; friends and family came to us (they brought their own sleeping bags or sheets). The working mechanism of the mill is still there and all the children thought it was wonderful.

You can stay at one of the cottages/houses for at least four nights in peak season or just for the night in the low season. We ate at the Cyder House restaurant (your mum might like to try it out sometime - especially in the Summer when they do lunches and you can eat in the garden) and the food was sublime. We did a lot of walking in the gorgeous countryside in the vicinity of the estate and just strolled to the local pub in the evenings.

Happy memories!

http://www.owlpen.com/index.shtml

http://www.owlpen.com/cottages.shtml

http://www.owlpen.com/grist_mill.shtml (where we stayed)
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:51 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Englishmum
I love the Cotswolds too! Actually we splashed out a few years ago and spent a week in a holiday cottage in the Cotswolds in the Summertime. We do tend to get tired rushing around visiting various friends and rellies across England so for a change we rented a lovely old Grist Mill on the Owlpen Estate in Gloucestershire near Stroud/Tetbury. It was great; friends and family came to us (they brought their own sleeping bags or sheets). The working mechanism of the mill is still there and all the children thought it was wonderful.

You can stay at one of the cottages/houses for at least four nights in peak season or just for the night in the low season. We ate at the Cyder House restaurant (your mum might like to try it out sometime - especially in the Summer when they do lunches and you can eat in the garden) and the food was sublime. We did a lot of walking in the gorgeous countryside in the vicinity of the estate and just strolled to the local pub in the evenings.

Happy memories!

http://www.owlpen.com/index.shtml

http://www.owlpen.com/cottages.shtml

http://www.owlpen.com/grist_mill.shtml (where we stayed)
Thank you so much EM, I had a look & I've never seen such beautiful houses in all my life, only in my dreams. Karma for you!

Edit - sorry, have to spread.
Old Nov 1st 2006, 3:55 am
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Lothianlad
Okay, now I'm just getting homesick!
Old Nov 1st 2006, 11:33 am
Forum Regular

StephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to beholdStephC1520 is a splendid one to behold

Oh your trip sounded great! I am so glad you had such a good time....
You made me wish that I was going back!!