Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

Wikiposts

B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

Old Jun 29th 2013, 4:43 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: B2 Visa and obtaining State ID Card

I quite like this for sport

Old Jun 29th 2013, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

cybernet1969 will become famous soon enoughcybernet1969 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Ray
HaHa.

Wouldn't like to be the person breaking into his home.

Old Jun 29th 2013, 7:29 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray
I quite like this for sport

I want one!
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:33 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler
I want one!
$1,199.00
Cash Discount Price
Old Jun 29th 2013, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

cybernet1969 will become famous soon enoughcybernet1969 will become famous soon enough

It maybe old but I want one of these.

http://merzantique.com/photo/antique-1894-src

As long as it doesn't blow up when I fire it.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 12:58 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
$1,199.00
Cash Discount Price
And it is actually in stock?
Old Jun 30th 2013, 1:15 am
Ray

And it is actually in stock?
yes ...

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...i+Auto+Shotgun

0r for $399
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411551704

Last edited by Ray; Jun 30th 2013 at 1:20 am.
Old Jun 30th 2013, 1:25 am
Account Closed

That is so tempting.......................
Old Jun 30th 2013, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

It seems the Canadian's have a simple method of obtaining a firearm in their country for anyone.

1. Pass the Canadian Firearms Safety Course. (CFSC). Apparently this is not difficult.
2. Pass the Canadian Restricted Firearms Safety Course (CRFSC). This is optional and only needed if you want a handgun and/or AR15 type rifle.
3. Obtain a Purchase and Acquire License. (PAL). In 2012, 98000 were issued and only 511 denied.

Anybody can do points 1, 2 and 3 above (Canadian or Foreigner). Obviously they would need to be physically in Canada to-do points 1 and/or 2 above.

Foreigners or non-residents supply Identification documents in the form of a valid passport.

This is not something I am interested in but it seems a rather simple and logical way of legally using firearms for all concerned.

Mark

Last edited by cybernet1969; Jun 30th 2013 at 8:24 am.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:53 pm
Just Joined

EMNofSeattle is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cybernet1969
You can still get .250 and .303 ammo but it isn't cheap. About $2 per round.

Mark

PS. If you have a look on www.gunbot.net then you can get what ammo you want.
depending upon your hobby level relaoding may be a wise option
Old Jul 4th 2013, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

I want one!
I dunno, shotguns in an AR-platform don't seem fun to me, so much kick in such a light gun, makes control difficult.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 2:02 pm
Just Joined

It has been restored and the barrel/etc changed to .250

Mark
just make sure the reciever is 1895.

if the reciever (the main frame of the gun that holds the bolt and has the serial on it) is 1895 then you are subject to NO federal gun laws with that rifle as the FedGov doesn't consider a firearm made prior to 1899 (meaning 1898 or earlier) to be a "firearm"

the Reciever is the controlled part of the gun, as long as the reciever itself has not been rebuilt or altered you can change everything else (caliber, stock sights, etc) and it is still an 1895 gun for the purposes of federal law.
Old Jul 4th 2013, 8:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle
just make sure the reciever is 1895.

if the reciever (the main frame of the gun that holds the bolt and has the serial on it) is 1895 then you are subject to NO federal gun laws with that rifle as the FedGov doesn't consider a firearm made prior to 1899 (meaning 1898 or earlier) to be a "firearm"

the Reciever is the controlled part of the gun, as long as the reciever itself has not been rebuilt or altered you can change everything else (caliber, stock sights, etc) and it is still an 1895 gun for the purposes of federal law.
Hi,

This looks like a nice project.

So basically I could replace everything with new parts except the actual receiver frame ?

Also, if I sent it to a gunsmith todo the work would he have to send it back via a FFL or not ?

Thanks for your help

Mark

Last edited by cybernet1969; Jul 4th 2013 at 8:24 pm.
Old Jul 5th 2013, 4:24 am
Just Joined

Hi,

This looks like a nice project.

So basically I could replace everything with new parts except the actual receiver frame ?

Also, if I sent it to a gunsmith todo the work would he have to send it back via a FFL or not ?

Thanks for your help

Mark
Correct, as long as the reciever is the same it's the same gun as far as the government is concerned.

That will depend upon the gunsmith, an FFL does not have to log a gun brought for work into their bound book, but some may anyway. That's something to ask before you hand over your gun, I've never heard of an FFL gunsmith requiring s 4473 to get your gun back, and since you're planning on getting An "Antique" firearm anyone no paperwork should be required anyway.

The biggest obstacle to a project life this is cost, modern firearms like the AR15 are designed to be modular and change over easily, firearms from the earlier eras were made to be more or less permanent. A gun smith will have to put a lot of work into modifying rifles like that, and that equals a lot of money
P
Old Jul 5th 2013, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EMNofSeattle
Correct, as long as the reciever is the same it's the same gun as far as the government is concerned.

That will depend upon the gunsmith, an FFL does not have to log a gun brought for work into their bound book, but some may anyway. That's something to ask before you hand over your gun, I've never heard of an FFL gunsmith requiring s 4473 to get your gun back, and since you're planning on getting An "Antique" firearm anyone no paperwork should be required anyway.

The biggest obstacle to a project life this is cost, modern firearms like the AR15 are designed to be modular and change over easily, firearms from the earlier eras were made to be more or less permanent. A gun smith will have to put a lot of work into modifying rifles like that, and that equals a lot of money
P
Understood.

I have been advised to take whatever I purchase to DixieWorks for any restoration work. I will give them a call before I buy anything.

Cheers

Mark

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.