Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

B&B Scots style

B&B Scots style

Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:14 am
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold
Default B&B Scots style

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/040629/323/ewyxm.html

Got to appreciate them plain speaking Jocks !
Old Jun 30th 2004, 11:47 am
BE Enthusiast

ducatiandy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: B&B Scots style

Originally posted by doctor scrumpy

I can just imagine him down the local with his mates "whit dae ya think o that there poofs reportin me tae the tourist board" not realising half his mates sh*g sheep every other day I wonder if that would be ok in his B&B.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

doctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to beholddoctor scrumpy is a splendid one to behold

Ah but they shag female sheep. Nothing poofy about them !
Old Jun 30th 2004, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ah but they shag female sheep. Nothing poofy about them !

LOL
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:51 pm
UK & US Citizen

ScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond reputeScousePete has a reputation beyond repute

"I have had bent people coming to stay, but they have had a twin room and respect our wishes," Forrest was quoted as saying.

lol
Old Jun 30th 2004, 3:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by ScousePete
"I have had bent people coming to stay, but they have had a twin room and respect our wishes," Forrest was quoted as saying.

lol

How does he know? Was he peering through the keyhole?
Old Jun 30th 2004, 4:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Lion in Winter
How does he know? Was he peering through the keyhole?

Maybe he videos it for the boys down the pub so that they can say "oh look at those bloody townies, wouldn't catch us done that, I like dirt tracks but not ones with people attached"
Old Jun 30th 2004, 6:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

"but we will not condone your perversion" with a double bed
I have no hatred or fear of poofs, etc -- I just do not approve of unnatural acts
"I have had bent people coming to stay, but they have had a twin room and respect our wishes,"
"Homophobic? No
Hmmm I think yes.

Ash
Old Jun 30th 2004, 7:25 pm
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Outstanding lol. If Alf Garnet were Scottish and ran a hotel, this would be it
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond reputeLothianlad has a reputation beyond repute

That story was in all the papers here today. That guy is not typical of all Scots and he is way out of date with his attitude. Anyway, on Radio Scotland it said he may well lose his licence with the Scottish Tourist Board..I hope he will with the kind of language he used. He just has to be an old guy.

btw ....the sheep in Scotland are perfectly safe
Old Jun 30th 2004, 8:32 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Lothianlad
That story was in all the papers here today. That guy is not typical of all Scots and he is way out of date with his attitude. Anyway, on Radio Scotland it said he may well lose his licence with the Scottish Tourist Board..I hope he will with the kind of language he used. He just has to be an old guy.

It's his house and he can run it however he pleases as far as I am concerned.
Old Jun 30th 2004, 9:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Of course he is not homophobic. He has had plenty of men in skirts staying there over the years.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 12:00 am
"Where are the shovels?"

jambo_2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course he is not homophobic. He has had plenty of men in skirts staying there over the years.
Would have thought the Highlands would be a bit nippy for Beckham.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

joto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond reputejoto has a reputation beyond repute

We had a distant relative that run a B&B in Scotland years ago. When any Japanese came looking for accomodation, the no vacancy sign went up. He just said he forgot to put it up. He was a POW of the Japanese in WW2, so I could understand his attitude about them. He never did change his feelings about the Japanese up until he passed away.
Old Jul 1st 2004, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally posted by Lothianlad

I think this "old guy" has now lost his recommended staus because of this and I for one think that is terrible, people in the Highlands of Scotland are very religious, if this guy had another religious belief it would be upheld, he is not being racist, bigoted or any of that, it is his religion, as he said"in the bible it clearly states it is wrong". I am in no way religious but I respect other peoples beliefs, this is absolutely obsurd this poor man is loosing his recommended status because of this. It may even make hin a roaring trade now he doesn't need the tourist board anymore with the news coverage he has had.

People have to realise that the highlands are a different world to London.

As for the sheep they are never safe outside Glasgow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.