Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Auto Insurance help - another one of those threads!

Wikiposts

Auto Insurance help - another one of those threads!

Old Sep 9th 2010, 10:53 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Auto Insurance help - another one of those threads!

Originally Posted by Nutmegger
I had coverage with Allstate for over 30 years for auto, house, umbrella. I had a few claims, and I always got payment with no problems. Recently used a broker to find new coverage purely because of costs, not because of service. They seemed to offer a zillion incentives to new customers, and had no interest in cutting costs for someone who had worked with them for decades.
Pretty stupid of them...

I am going to take it one year at a time. At renewal, shop around and see how I go!
Old Sep 12th 2010, 3:12 am
Forum Regular

aceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the roughaceastwood is a jewel in the rough

I have been with Allstate for about 6 years and been happy with them, but I have never made a claim. However, I may move to Geico because their quote is several hundred dollars a year cheaper (for home plus 3 cars) and consumer surveys give Geico at least as high marks for customer service.

If you have home insurance, get a quote for both home and auto from the same company. There can be significant discounts for doing that.
Old Sep 12th 2010, 9:50 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aceastwood
I have been with Allstate for about 6 years and been happy with them, but I have never made a claim. However, I may move to Geico because their quote is several hundred dollars a year cheaper (for home plus 3 cars) and consumer surveys give Geico at least as high marks for customer service.

If you have home insurance, get a quote for both home and auto from the same company. There can be significant discounts for doing that.
Thanks, yes moved both insurances to AllState.

Until I am here for 18 months, my premiums will be little high I am told.