Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:53 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life

Originally Posted by Tr1boy
Favoured methhod of the Ronin wasn't it?
Yes , they were supposed to do it when their master departed from this world.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 7:58 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jules Europe
Yes , they were supposed to do it when their master departed from this world.
I thought a Ronin was a masterless Samurai?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:34 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Jules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond reputeJules Europe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kporte
You`re right he is, my mistake.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

They were, but if my in depth research (ie, I saw the film ) is correct, they were ashamed not to have a master.

Surely a French guy with a beard wouldn't lie to me, would he?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:44 am
Account Closed

kporte is an unknown quantity at this point

They were, but if my in depth research (ie, I saw the film ) is correct, they were ashamed not to have a master.

What colour is the boathouse at Hereford?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:45 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

You`re talking about Michael Lonsdale here and can you really believe what an arms dealer tells you!

I always love watching that film, especially the action and driving scenes.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

Tr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond reputeTr1boy has a reputation beyond repute

What colour is the boathouse at Hereford?
It's not Hereford, it's HEARford, apparently.

It is indeed a great film and one I keep watching. International films with token Yanks can be real wrecks sometimes but this seems to come together in a lot of ways.

I 'think' it was made by the same guy that made the seminal 'Grand Prix' but could I could be way off there.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 8:57 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

It's not Hereford, it's HEARford, apparently.

It is indeed a great film and one I keep watching. International films with token Yanks can be real wrecks sometimes but this seems to come together in a lot of ways.

I 'think' it was made by the same guy that made the seminal 'Grand Prix' but could I could be way off there.
You`re talking about John Frankenheimer and it was, in fact its the only good film he has directed since his 60`s and 70`s heyday.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

You`re talking about John Frankenheimer and it was, in fact its the only good film he has directed since his 60`s and 70`s heyday.
Attached Thumbnails Australia voted 2nd best in world for quality of life-hijack-deniro.jpg  
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:12 am
Weirdo Latin Dude

Maybe we should talk about Mad Max, that`s topical and of course they had a great quality of life in that film.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe we should talk about Mad Max, that`s topical and of course they had a great quality of life in that film.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:37 pm
Tea Drinker

Danny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond reputeDanny B has a reputation beyond repute

Is the original link the same as this on the Canada forum?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...-live-in.html#
Old Oct 8th 2009, 5:52 pm
Account Closed

TraceyW is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by pommybird
Surveys, schmurveys - I'd rather set up home in Beirut, than go back and live Oz!!

Ditto

Hope you're all well xx

Last edited by TraceyW; Oct 8th 2009 at 5:59 pm.
Old Oct 11th 2009, 8:04 am
BE Enthusiast

jonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond reputejonfrank123 has a reputation beyond repute

I haven't read through all answers but here is the explanation. The UK until last year was coming 7th or 8th in these annual survey's. A lot of the index is weighted on Income per capita which is measured in US dollars. The pound has taken such a dip in the last year that our income measured in dollars has dropped, whereas the Euro countries have either stayed the same or risen.

Our quality of life hasn't suddenly dropped 15 times, our spending power in pounds remains the same, in fact the lower pound is much better for our exporters. Our fall in the rankings is purely down to currency fluctuations. This just shows that these surveys should be taken with a pinch of salt!!
Old Oct 11th 2009, 9:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

hereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond reputehereandthere has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonfrank123
I haven't read through all answers but here is the explanation. The UK until last year was coming 7th or 8th in these annual survey's. A lot of the index is weighted on Income per capita which is measured in US dollars. The pound has taken such a dip in the last year that our income measured in dollars has dropped, whereas the Euro countries have either stayed the same or risen.

Our quality of life hasn't suddenly dropped 15 times, our spending power in pounds remains the same, in fact the lower pound is much better for our exporters. Our fall in the rankings is purely down to currency fluctuations. This just shows that these surveys should be taken with a pinch of salt!!
UK was at 16 in the last survey and that was derived from 2004 figures. This year it's at 21 and these are at 2007 figures. I dread to think what number it will be at when the crash of 2007-2008 is incorporated for the next round. I can easily see it going closer to 30 - remember it's not just financial measurements but also life expectancy and education and other things not measureable in USD. It's quite a respected index and a fair reflection of the overall quality of life in a state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.