Australia or America

Australia or America

Old Jun 23rd 2005, 10:03 am
ige
Forum Regular

ige is on a distinguished road
Default Australia or America

I 'm a Permanent Resident in Australia. And i have only lived here for almost a
year with my fiancee.She is suppose to start applying for her partner/fiancee visa before we got a letter that she won the lottery Diversity visa.
Now we are confused what to do next!!!!If she needs to continue the application in Australia it would take sometime. And at the same time she has to start the lottery Diversity visa application too.
We still don't know hoe we are going to sort it out.
My question is if she gets the green card for how long must she live there before she would be allowed to travel out i know she will be given 6 months to come to America.
And does the american green card expires after sometime if you don't live there?
If anybody could advice where would u suggest to live AMERICA or AUSTRALIA?
We love Australia but i went to America long time ago!
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 1:40 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Australia or America

Originally Posted by ige
I My question is if she gets the green card for how long must she live there before she would be allowed to travel out i know she will be given 6 months to come to America.
Her passport will be stamped on arrival ..she can then turn around and fly out ..but better to wait until the GC arrives.. you will not be getting one
And does the american green card expires after sometime if you don't live there?
Yes ...you are supposed to be a permanent resident
If anybody could advice where would u suggest to live AMERICA or AUSTRALIA?We love Australia but i went to America long time ago!
Thats up too you ....

Last edited by Ray; Jun 23rd 2005 at 2:01 pm.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:16 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure your fiancee can take you, too? May be a problem here.
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:21 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Are you sure your fiancee can take you, too? May be a problem here.
not unless there married .... preferably before the application goes in ...
Old Jun 23rd 2005, 2:26 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
not unless there married .... preferably before the application goes in ...
It'll be too late after the app goes in. And it will cause red flags (probably overcomeable) if married just before submitting the app. This may be a get-a-lawyer case if OP wants to pursue since fiancee was presumably not listed on initial entry to DV. However, OP should know this is the best visa to come to US with little red tape after issuance of visa.