Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Assistance with Used Car Dealer and Financing

Assistance with Used Car Dealer and Financing

Old Apr 1st 2019, 6:18 am
Go on.. Pull my finger..

TGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond reputeTGFKASE has a reputation beyond repute
Default Assistance with Used Car Dealer and Financing

Morning Bored...

I am in need of some guidance..

I recently moved from Louisiana back to the Middle East. Not my first move from the US to a non-US country, so did all the usual things, including doing a deal with a local used car dealer to take my cars off me, I paid him the difference in relation to the pay off amounts on the auto-finance (confirmation received by him from the CU of the amounts), and I popped onto the plane and flew to the ME.

My CU contacted me start of the year to tell me the auto loans were still not paid. I contacted him and he told me he would get on it. However, to date, he has yet to pay the monies to the CU and they are now chasing me. I have advised them of the situation, and pointed out that I did everything in good faith and, since they are aware of the fact that dealer has the cars, they should chase him (which is what would happen in the UK).

Any suggestions on how I can go about this from a legal standpoint? Is this Grand Theft Auto, for instance, since he has technically taken my vehicles without paying for them..?
Old Apr 1st 2019, 3:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assistance with Used Car Dealer and Financing

Didn't you already ask this on another thread?
Old Apr 1st 2019, 4:27 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I would say they are technically stolen, but I doubt the police would care as it is more of the fraud end of theft than the robbery end. I would start by paying a lawyer to send a threatening letter to the dealer.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 6:19 pm
You aint seen me, right?

SpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond reputeSpoogleDrummer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hotscot
Didn't you already ask this on another thread?
Yes here
The fact that it's 3 months later and it's not resolved seems fishy if the dealer sold the car without the title.
Old Apr 2nd 2019, 7:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond reputeHotscot has a reputation beyond repute

Would love to know how it ends...