Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

ashes cricket

ashes cricket

Old Dec 6th 2010, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ashes cricket

Originally Posted by Macca67
238-4 at stumps on day 4. Ponting looked very nervous at the crease. Here's hoping they're skittled out by lunch day 5. An innings victory would be nice.

Come on England.
You watch this - if Australia, somehow with luck and help fromt he rain gods, avoid defeat then Ponting will be out at the conference saying "We ended the game well, we can take lot of confidence from that...la la la". The issue with Australian cricket is the complete denial that there are problems with the team.

England on the other hand, deserve the win. They have outplayed Australia in the last 9 days of Ashes cricket except perhaps day 1 at the Gabba.

Rain rain go away, let the Swann win the game for England.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:18 am
BE Forum Addict

E3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond reputeE3only has a reputation beyond repute

You little beauty. I am loving it. Go England...
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:41 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

so much for that dodgy weather...good second half to that inning...hope they keep the momentum going.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 12:44 am
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Where is an aussie when you want one? I just might have to go to the Aussie pie shop for a slegde and kidney pie.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 1:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kimilseung
Where is an aussie when you want one? I just might have to go to the Aussie pie shop for a slegde and kidney pie.
I am an Aussie but definitely don't support the cricket team. My opinion is they are a bunch of rude mo-fu's....

Shall we move on the rugby now :P
Old Dec 7th 2010, 7:45 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Shall we move on the rugby now :P
we keep battering you at that too.

and got more golds at the olympics.

Rule fucking Britannia.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:29 am
BE Enthusiast

phat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to beholdphat-dave is a splendid one to behold

while i do believe england genuinely has a good team, as an aussie i do also feel sorry for them.... they seem to be very successful at beating a bunch of handicapped aussies holding an english willow and some kind of leather ball...

all jokes aside... issue with english realistically is they are in hot form - surely playing the summer against b-grade opponents has to affect their potential to grow as a side.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 9:36 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
so much for that dodgy weather...good second half to that inning...hope they keep the momentum going.
It's "innings", how long you been over there Bob?

Hey, you'd know who Jeff Minter is (Llamasoft), he's still making games, the latest focus is on the iThings.

But I digress ... on with the Aussie bashing
Old Dec 7th 2010, 4:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Manc

and got more golds at the olympics.

Rule fucking Britannia.
Conveniently you must be talking about Union? Well at that it's 2-1 to Australia in term of champion ships. And freaking don't even get me started with Rugby League....
Old Dec 7th 2010, 5:30 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by E3only
Conveniently you must be talking about Union? Well at that it's 2-1 to Australia in term of champion ships. And freaking don't even get me started with Rugby League....
there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

We've beaten you in 3 of the last 4 world cups though.
I daresay you only won in Wales because we didn't have the opportunity to knock you out of that one either.

your win at Twickers in 1991 was in an era of amateurs before we'd decided to put our fags out and have a proper go at it.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

there are lies, damn lies and statistics.

We've beaten you in 3 of the last 4 world cups though.
I daresay you only won in Wales because we didn't have the opportunity to knock you out of that one either.

your win at Twickers in 1991 was in an era of amateurs before we'd decided to put our fags out and have a proper go at it.
Dude, the records speak for themselves. Although the Jonny Wilkinson kick in 2003 still hurts. What a game that was. Regardless below are the records. Period.

League

Championships Nation
9 Australia
3 Great Britain
1 New Zealand

Union

South Africa 2
Australia 2
England 1
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:42 pm
@matthewb76

I am not going to diss it, I mean seriously..... although when you were at the height of your Union power, the Lions also came down under and put that knob Campese in his place too.

I think for most english people, we've been so piss poor compared to Australia at sports now we've got the upper hand and to hear you lot whinging we have to milk it for all it is worth.
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

I am not going to diss it, I mean seriously..... although when you were at the height of your Union power, the Lions also came down under and put that knob Campese in his place too.

I think for most english people, we've been so piss poor compared to Australia at sports now we've got the upper hand and to hear you lot whinging we have to milk it for all it is worth.
Definitely cricket!

You folks might as well, till it lasts!!!
Old Dec 7th 2010, 6:59 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Shame we can't beat anyone else, but some one has to be the whipping boys
Old Dec 26th 2010, 3:24 pm
@matthewb76

lowest Aussie total ever at the MCG...... get in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.