Arizona?

Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:09 pm
Just Joined

nomadrush is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arizona?

One of the places I am looking to relocate to is Arizona in the USA. Does anyone have any direct experience of relocating there from the UK?

Ross
<<snip>> (Thats shows what I do for a living lol!)

Last edited by Sue; Nov 26th 2007 at 5:06 pm. Reason: url removed. Please read rule 9. If you own said site you can put it in your signature but NOT your posts
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arizona?

Originally Posted by nomadrush
One of the places I am looking to relocate to is Arizona in the USA. Does anyone have any direct experience of relocating there from the UK?

Ross
<<self promoting URL removed>>
Yea I Do!

Last edited by NC Penguin; Nov 26th 2007 at 5:06 pm. Reason: See message
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:32 pm
Forum Regular

Arizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond reputeArizona Wurzel has a reputation beyond repute

Ross
<<self promoting URL removed>>
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Pulask...ork_in_the_USA

Last edited by NC Penguin; Nov 26th 2007 at 5:07 pm. Reason: See message
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:33 pm
Just Joined

What sort of problems might I encounter with a move from the UK?

I would be looking to come out and work on a local radio station for a year or so, and rent a property, with a view to application for a permanent move thereafter.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ross
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:50 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

What sort of problems might I encounter with a move from the UK?

I would be looking to come out and work on a local radio station for a year or so, and rent a property, with a view to application for a permanent move thereafter.

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Ross
you got the visa sorted? If not, moot point...
Old Nov 26th 2007, 4:59 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
you got the visa sorted? If not, moot point...
Don't think so...he seems to be going around the forums with the same question.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 5:08 pm
Not living a 9 to 5 life

NC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond reputeNC Penguin has a reputation beyond repute

Look at the link in Post 3 of this thread. Once you've got the visa approved, then you'd be in the position to start researching about where to live in the US. Otherwise, you're really just wasting your time at this point.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:06 pm
Just Joined

The only reason I am "going round the forums" is that I am looking at a number of options at the moment, I haven't settled on any of them yet, just weighing up advantages and disadvantages of Canada, USA and Portugal.

As for the Visa's I have a working visa for the USA as I do a lot of filming out there, so am able to work in the US.

Ross
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:08 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

As for the Visa's I have a working visa for the USA as I do a lot of filming out there, so am able to work in the US.

Ross
Which working visa would that be ???
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

The only reason I am "going round the forums" is that I am looking at a number of options at the moment, I haven't settled on any of them yet, just weighing up advantages and disadvantages of Canada, USA and Portugal.

Ross
Nothing wrong with that...plenty of people in your position do exactly the same when starting research on a country to move to. So are you saying you already have a visa to work and live in the US?
Old Nov 26th 2007, 8:23 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you know that Arizona has 50,000 SQ KM more land area than the entire UK? I didn't.
Old Nov 26th 2007, 10:24 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray
Which working visa would that be ???
indeed, because filming would be tied to a job specific, unless the OP is thinking of the B1 which is errr...worrying.