Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview Experience - Memphis

AOS Interview Experience - Memphis

Old Jun 15th 2006, 5:24 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: AOS Interview Experience - Memphis

Originally Posted by Lesley1020
Hi. Yes, I did. I think it came around 1 week from the date of the interview. Pretty fast huh. However - they do say I am a man on it Wonder how long it will take them to fix that!!! I haven't even sent it back yet - I figure since I am very obviously pregnant I wouldn't have any trouble convicing anyone
ROFLMAO!!!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:54 pm
Just Joined

greencard2004 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi. Yes, I did. I think it came around 1 week from the date of the interview. Pretty fast huh. However - they do say I am a man on it Wonder how long it will take them to fix that!!! I haven't even sent it back yet - I figure since I am very obviously pregnant I wouldn't have any trouble convicing anyone
That's great! I didn't get the stamp either. I didn't even ask for the stamp. The officer just told me My AOS got approved and I will receive the letter and GC in a month at the end of interview. the officer didn't metion about the security check ( name check). I guess it has already been cleared out.. Did she/he mettion about the security check during the interview? I read the documentation about name check on the USCIS website. It says some people could wait for months or even years to complete the name check...

Did you receive an email from the USCIS before getting the GC? Hoperfully I don;t have to wait for months~~~
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:11 pm
strangely floppy..

CarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond reputeCarlM has a reputation beyond repute

We had our adjustment of status interview at the Memphis USCIS office on Wednesday. Have to say, the whole timeline has really surpised me. Receipt dates of November 1st, and had interview in around 7 months!

Anyways, our appointment was at 1.50pm. We got there around 15 minutes early and put our letter in the little window (on the other side there was a garbage can attached, complete with liner ).

We waited at the most 10 minutes, before we were called. The waiting room was already full of people, but we got called before them, guessing they were there for another purpose, or our guy was just very quick with people.

So, we get called by this tall, expressionless guy who has us swear to tell the truth etc. He went through my file, and asked me to confirm my address, my date of birth etc. Did the same with hubby. He asked us did we have any children, told him no, but one on the way and offered him my OB's card and the ultrasound pic to which he declined. Just writing down as he went.

He asked for proof of our relationshp, we gave him 7 months bank statements, car insurance, car loan, life insurance with each other as beneficiary.. and were about to give him more when he said that was enough. I offered our wedding album etc., and he said no thank you, by this point I have usually made up my mind, or something to that effect.

He then took my I-94 out of my passport and said I would get permanent resident card in the mail in 10 days or so. He didn't stamp my passport and when I questioned this he said the cards are done immediately when he goes online, and would be printed in Texas that day, and that I could apply to be a citizen 3 years from that day.

All in all, we were in 10, perhaps 15 minutes. He almost cracked a half smile at the end, but otherwise expressionless, but he delivered!

Congratulations - let us know when the card arrives!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Lesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond reputeLesley1020 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by greencard2004
That's great! I didn't get the stamp either. I didn't even ask for the stamp. The officer just told me My AOS got approved and I will receive the letter and GC in a month at the end of interview. the officer didn't metion about the security check ( name check). I guess it has already been cleared out.. Did she/he mettion about the security check during the interview? I read the documentation about name check on the USCIS website. It says some people could wait for months or even years to complete the name check...

Did you receive an email from the USCIS before getting the GC? Hoperfully I don;t have to wait for months~~~
I wouldn't worry. Unless he specifically told you that your name checks were not back I don't think you have anything to worry about. I do know someone who is waiting on FBI name clearance and it was specifically mentioned at her interview. I don't think he would have given a timeframe either, had that still been outstanding.

As for the email, I got the email a week after the card came through!
Old Jun 16th 2006, 6:55 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

I wouldn't worry. Unless he specifically told you that your name checks were not back I don't think you have anything to worry about. I do know someone who is waiting on FBI name clearance and it was specifically mentioned at her interview. I don't think he would have given a timeframe either, had that still been outstanding.

Sounds a lot nicer than my experience in Philly.
There the interview guy made jokes about my brainpower (as I'm blonde) and cracked jokes with his buddies on the other side of the office about the fact that my husband had been married before. Not nice at all.
Old Jun 19th 2006, 11:24 am
Captain Caaaaaaveeemaaaan

TN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really niceTN-Dave is just really nice

Lesley,

Congrats on the GC from Memphis. I'm another one who ended up in that office for my AOS interview as well....although they screwed up the dates on my interview and as a result, I have to go back again this year ! (and pay more for the priviledge), oh well.

Hope all goes well with the Sprog on the way.

Dave.