Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

AOS Interview experience in Kansas City

AOS Interview experience in Kansas City

Old Feb 13th 2002, 12:30 am
Just Joined

Jeremy is an unknown quantity at this point

We had our interview on January 16, 2002. The office wasn't very busy, and we were taken about 10 minutes later than our scheduled time.

It's hard to even call it an 'interview'; it was very informal and casual. I think it helped alot that we were very organized and had everything documented. We basically just did some small talk with the INS interviewer. The interviewer did a good job of asking her questions during this small talk; making it subtle.

We were asked how we met. Talked about the common interests we had. Asked how I got along with my wife's kids. She flipped through our wedding album and we got to talking about Colorado (where we went on our honeymoon).

After about 20 minutes the interview was done and was told that I'd have my green card in the mail within 6 months.

The interview was very easygoing and stressless. If you have a genuine marriage and you have things documented there won't be anything to worry about. The interviewer was very pleasant and friendly.

That's about it. This group has been so helpful; if only to relieve my stress about little things we've had to face and I'm very thankful to all of you who contribute to it.

This experience is also being posted at http://www.kamya.com/aos
You can read about every step of the way of our journey at this same site.

Thanks

Jeremy