British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Anyone work(ed) at Clearwire? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/anyone-work-ed-clearwire-593643/)

CherylH Feb 24th 2009 8:49 am

Anyone work(ed) at Clearwire?

I was just wondering if this company, particularly the Kirland/Seattle offices, has a good reputation with regards its treatment of employees and what it's like to work there as I've heard some negative things about it.

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Many thanks!

Chrissywissy100 Feb 24th 2009 6:40 pm

Re: Anyone work(ed) at Clearwire?

Nope, but if you get no joy, you could try and see if any current or ex-employees have posted a review on www.glassdoor.com. Always worth reading them with a pinch of salt though, as people of find the silliest things to moan about once they have left, esp if they couldnt do what what they wanted, or just didnt et along with one inidvidual who was key to thwier career. That said, if its a small company, its worth bearing in mind!

You dont have to pay to access the information, but you will need to do a review of a company you have worked for before, US or UK.It remains anonymous, and can creat a user account so you can keep going back and checking other companies. They also have salary reviews by industry, profession and company.

naomi Feb 24th 2009 10:13 pm

jobvent.com is another Web site where employees give reviews of their employer or former employer.
Naomi.

CherylH Feb 25th 2009 8:48 am

That's great - thanks. I'll check them out!

AmerLisa Feb 25th 2009 1:20 pm

Originally Posted by CherylH (Post 7317104)
I was just wondering if this company, particularly the Kirland/Seattle offices, has a good reputation with regards its treatment of employees and what it's like to work there as I've heard some negative things about it.

Please feel free to PM me if you prefer.
Many thanks!

My husband has a friend that left AT&T, it might have been for Clearwire, I'll ask him.

CherylH Feb 25th 2009 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7321726)
My husband has a friend that left AT&T, it might have been for Clearwire, I'll ask him.

That would be great, thanks

AmerLisa Feb 25th 2009 2:56 pm

He has known a few people that have worked at Clearwire and basically they are no longer there. He said that Clearwire is still a start-up type company and he said he'd be a bit worried about that if he was considering employment there, in this economy.

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for. If he talks to anyone later (someone he knows) about Clearwire and gets more information, I'll let you know.

CherylH Feb 25th 2009 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by AmerLisa (Post 7322016)
He has known a few people that have worked at Clearwire and basically they are no longer there. He said that Clearwire is still a start-up type company and he said he'd be a bit worried about that if he was considering employment there, in this economy.

I know that's not exactly what you were looking for. If he talks to anyone later (someone he knows) about Clearwire and gets more information, I'll let you know.

Thank you - it's much appreciated!