Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone waiting for their passports to be returned??

Anyone waiting for their passports to be returned??

Old Dec 4th 2013, 3:54 pm
Uk/USA

Jetparents is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone waiting for their passports to be returned??

Hi everyone,

I thought I'd start a thread to see how many of you out there are as impatient and as anxious as I am to get the approved visa/passport back!? I have found this site soooo helpful to read during our journey and I have only just recently got the confidence to start to post on here. I think it would make me feel a lot less alone and isolated if I knew there were others in the same position as we are and if we could all share and wait together....unless I am really the only one lol! That would suck. Anyway here's where we are currently:

Interview approved on 26th November
CEAC status checker says it was last updated on 2nd December...but still says "READY"

No emails, nothing. I know Iv not been waiting long it's just my brother got his e2 visa approved on 18th November and he was able to fly back 23rd! I get that everyone is different...just so excited to start our life it's been such a long wait!

Anyway thank you so much to everyone for your time!!!

Jetparents x
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone waiting for their passports to be returned??

Originally Posted by Jetparents
Hi Interview approved on 26th November
CEAC status checker says it was last updated on 2nd December...but still says "READY"

No emails, nothing.
I know the waiting is difficult, but you have to remember that the US just had a long 4-day weekend off for the Thanksgiving holiday. People (employees at the consulate) are starting to take vacation time off. Things always move slower around the Thanksgiving/Christmas/New Year holiday season.

I know Iv not been waiting long it's just my brother got his e2 visa approved on 18th November and he was able to fly back 23rd! I get that everyone is different...just so excited to start our life it's been such a long wait!
Yep, different person, different visa...you can't compare.

Hang in there.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:10 pm
Uk/USA

Thanks Rene, I know you can't say but seeing as you really seem wise about all this stuff....but do you think I am hoping too much to be back for Christmas? Our whole family is out there and my little girl would love to have a family christmas all together !

Thank you!!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 4:30 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Rene, I know you can't say but seeing as you really seem wise about all this stuff....but do you think I am hoping too much to be back for Christmas? Our whole family is out there and my little girl would love to have a family christmas all together !
I think being in the USA by Dec 25th sounds reasonable, at this point. My layman's guess is that you should probably have your visa in hand some time next week, which still leaves a couple of weeks for travel. Of course that's just a guess, nothing is guaranteed.

Rene
Old Dec 4th 2013, 5:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Noorah - you should be fine to travel before Christmas, but do not book anything until you have that passport in your hand!
Old Dec 4th 2013, 5:58 pm
Uk/USA

Thanks guys...no definately not going to make that mistake, would hate the added pressure. It's bad enough my husband has booked football tickets for the whole family for the 15th December! I have a feeling that will be a big waste of money now but still Xmas is a great goal to hope for
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:00 am
Just Joined

Talita is an unknown quantity at this point

I've been waiting 3 1/2 weeks now for my passport….damn long thanksgiving..
Old Dec 5th 2013, 1:42 am
Just Joined

carldodd77 has a spectacular aura aboutcarldodd77 has a spectacular aura aboutcarldodd77 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Talita
I've been waiting 3 1/2 weeks now for my passport….damn long thanksgiving..
Hi Talita,

Am I right in thinking you are applying through Sydney?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:06 am
Just Joined

Talita is an unknown quantity at this point

yes! Sorry to hi-jack…..!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 2:35 am
Just Joined

carldodd77 has a spectacular aura aboutcarldodd77 has a spectacular aura aboutcarldodd77 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by Talita
yes! Sorry to hi-jack…..!
No problem, just thought I'd mention it as I think OP is going through London

Hope you hear soon!
Old Dec 5th 2013, 6:50 am
Uk/USA

Yes I'm going through london...3 1/2 weeks?! Wow!! I really hope you hear soon
Old Dec 5th 2013, 9:30 am
Uk/USA

Hi again...this seems such a silly question but I just wanna clear my mind of it...can you be put in additional administration if you werent told at the interview? I was just told "your visa has been approved" so does that mean I'm NOT subject to additional administration?
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:35 am
Hoppity hop...

BunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond reputeBunnyGirl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi again...this seems such a silly question but I just wanna clear my mind of it...can you be put in additional administration if you werent told at the interview? I was just told "your visa has been approved" so does that mean I'm NOT subject to additional administration?
If you mean administrative processing I *think* you get given a piece of paper at your interview but I'm not sure if that happens in all cases. I'm sure one of the 'regulars' will be along in a bit to help though.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:39 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Yes you can be - if, upon review by a supervisor, they decide that the original decision by the officer needs looking at. It's not all that common, but it does happen.
Old Dec 5th 2013, 10:40 am
Uk/USA

And what happens then??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.