Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone waiting for I-485 California office?

Anyone waiting for I-485 California office?

Old Feb 22nd 2013, 6:24 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Anyone waiting for I-485 California office?

Im awaiting a i-485 decision , and my application is showing accepted in California.

The application went in mid november with an anticipated 4 month turnaround.

At the same time i applied for I-131 (travel docs) and I-765 . (work authorisation EAD)

I received the EAD and parole card (travel docs) last month but the California processing date is showing 21 months for I-485 AOS !

Can that be right? particularly as Texas is showing 4 months and the USCIS goal is 4 months?

Just wondered if anyone has faced similar .

thanks
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:24 pm
Forum Regular

ginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the roughginstwin is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Anyone waiting for I-485 California office?

Also Nebraska and Vermont are showing roughly 4 months.

Can California really be 21 months?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 1:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Flabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond reputeFlabound oneday has a reputation beyond repute

Nebraska may say 4 but its 6. our went in feb 2012, RFE excatly 6 months later, our response went back in Dec and they quote 60 days for a decision....today is day 73 and we are still waiting.

our lawyers comment 'dont believe a thing they say about processing times'
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 2:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flabound oneday
our lawyers comment 'dont believe a thing they say about processing times'
+1

Rene
Old Feb 23rd 2013, 4:31 pm
Forum Regular

I thought the I-526 (EB5) was long.

Patience is the key word but problem for me is the conditional 2 year starts on the GC obviously once issued and then i have the I-829 to look forward to!

Just seems weird that even allowing for unreliable proccesing times that California is scheduled to take between 3-5 times as long as other centers.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 12:27 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ginstwin
I thought the I-526 (EB5) was long.

Patience is the key word but problem for me is the conditional 2 year starts on the GC obviously once issued and then i have the I-829 to look forward to!

Just seems weird that even allowing for unreliable proccesing times that California is scheduled to take between 3-5 times as long as other centers.
Are you on two different tracks towards a green card?
Old Feb 24th 2013, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John_K.
Are you on two different tracks towards a green card?
No i am on the Eb5 route.

I had I-526 approval in early November and immediately filed for AOS.

Got my EAD and travel docs relatively quickly (3 months) in feb and now stuck in the i-485 line.

What concerns me with this supposed 21 month wait in California is that as you know the clock starts on a 2 year conditional upon receipt which looks like it may still be 18 months or more away.
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

John_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond reputeJohn_K. has a reputation beyond repute

No i am on the Eb5 route.

I had I-526 approval in early November and immediately filed for AOS.

Got my EAD and travel docs relatively quickly (3 months) in feb and now stuck in the i-485 line.

What concerns me with this supposed 21 month wait in California is that as you know the clock starts on a 2 year conditional upon receipt which looks like it may still be 18 months or more away.
So you were already in the US based on another visa when you applied for the I-526? Does seem to make it more difficult. Hopefully things will proceed quickly for you!
Old Feb 24th 2013, 7:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by John_K.
So you were already in the US based on another visa when you applied for the I-526? Does seem to make it more difficult. Hopefully things will proceed quickly for you!

No when i applied i wasnt but when it was approved i was in the USA on a B2 and my lawyer suggested AOS instead of consular processing.

Seemed a good idea at the time but now i am getting concerned.

If its really a 21 month waiting time that will be a wait of more than 3 years from filing I-526 (EB5 ) to issuance of conditional green card!!
Old Feb 25th 2013, 2:45 am
BE Enthusiast

dh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of lightdh010447 is a glorious beacon of light

Im awaiting a i-485 decision , and my application is showing accepted in California.

The application went in mid november with an anticipated 4 month turnaround.

At the same time i applied for I-131 (travel docs) and I-765 . (work authorisation EAD)

I received the EAD and parole card (travel docs) last month but the California processing date is showing 21 months for I-485 AOS !

Can that be right? particularly as Texas is showing 4 months and the USCIS goal is 4 months?

Just wondered if anyone has faced similar .

thanks
Not sure where you got the 4 months from, Texas is showing close to 8 months right now, Currently June 20th 2012 (as of either December last year or February this year, depending on what date is actually the correct date). Nebraska is showing 4 months though... Not sure why it takes twice as long at Texas than it does at Nebraska.
Old Feb 25th 2013, 11:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by dh010447
Not sure where you got the 4 months from, Texas is showing close to 8 months right now, Currently June 20th 2012 (as of either December last year or February this year, depending on what date is actually the correct date). Nebraska is showing 4 months though... Not sure why it takes twice as long at Texas than it does at Nebraska.
I was searching Dallas . Ive now searched the Texas service centre and it estimates 6.5 months.

Very frustrating but surely California cant be 21 months.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:21 am
Forum Regular

Alex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really niceAlex3110 is just really nice

Our I-485 based on marriage to USc was dated priority 2nd Oct 2012, we had our combo cards 1st Jan 2013 and having checked our case which was originally at Chicago have now seem that it has been sent to the National Benefits Center which I believe deals with overflow, which is rather worrying. I'm curious as to other waiting times too, as the NBC has no stated process time.
Old Feb 26th 2013, 1:27 am
BE Forum Addict

HarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond reputeHarryTheSpider has a reputation beyond repute

Our priority date is 31 Dec 2012, a GC application from L1B/L2, being processed I think at the Nebraska center.

I just got this email from USCIS today (Feb 25) (personal details left out)

Application Type: I485 , APPLICATION TO REGISTER PERMANENT RESIDENCE OR TO ADJUST STATUS

Your Case Status: Card/ Document Production

On February 25, 2013, we ordered production of your new card. Please allow 30 days for your card to be mailed to you. If we need something from you we will contact you. If you move before you receive the card, call customer service at 1-800-375-5283.
Is this what I think it is?
Old Feb 26th 2013, 12:28 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider
Yes.

Ian
Old Feb 26th 2013, 2:34 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know - what do you think it is?

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by HarryTheSpider

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.