Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Sterling relocation?

Anyone used Sterling relocation?

Old Jan 30th 2008, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

ian1976 will become famous soon enoughian1976 will become famous soon enough
Default Anyone used Sterling relocation?

I did some searched but couldn't find anyone mention these guys.

Has anyone had any experiences using this company to move from the UK to the USA?
Old Jan 30th 2008, 12:43 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone used Sterling relocation?

Originally Posted by ian1976
I did some searched but couldn't find anyone mention these guys.

Has anyone had any experiences using this company to move from the UK to the USA?
No, but the fact that there are no horror stories showing up in a Google search (and a search of British Expats) at least tells me that they're not a major problem. They look pretty professional (and expensive), and seem to specialize in relocating corporate types (which you may be, for all I know).
Old Jan 30th 2008, 2:19 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.movingscam.com/

Though I think they have a good reputation, if somewhat pricey.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

ian1976 will become famous soon enoughian1976 will become famous soon enough

Thanks guys. Confirming my thoughts exactly.
Old Jan 30th 2008, 8:01 pm
Forum Regular

NannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really niceNannyAnn is just really nice

Originally Posted by ian1976
Thanks guys. Confirming my thoughts exactly.
Yep we used them, well actually, my husbands work used them to move us over here :-) They were FANTASITC in the UK, pretty good in the US but no where near as professional as in the UK. We moved to NJ at pretty late notice, 3 weeks after we got back from our honeymoon. We only moved into our house in the UK 4 months before that, so you can imagine, our house was chaos.

They were brilliant, packed everything up so carefully whether it was a pile of papers or furniture or a box of 'bits'.. couldn't recmmoned them highly enough. They did EVERYTHING.

We were told that part of the deal was for them to unpack us this end too, which wasn't done, but if I had pushed it they might have helped me. All they did is open some of the kitchen boxes when I explained that I couldn't even open a box without a knife...

However, if you're happy to do your own unpacking which I was in the end, I would definately go with them. They also have a load of stuff in storage for us, which I recently added to with no problems.

Hope that was helpful, any questions do shout :-)