Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone used Express Exports to move stuff stateside?

Wikiposts

Anyone used Express Exports to move stuff stateside?

Old Apr 25th 2012, 8:36 am
Just Joined

johnnyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone used Express Exports to move stuff stateside?

So after 7 years I am finally in a position to be able to arrange for all my stuff I left boxed in my parent's garage be transported stateside, to Cedar Rapids, Iowa to be precise. (we are talking about 20 boxes of books, games, momentoes, lots and lots of lead figures and so on, about half a cargo container in size overall)

However, I have no clue as to cost, regulations, companies used etc.
I have seem a few people mention Express Exports as a cheap firm and wondering if anyone has had any experience with them?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 7:44 am
Just Joined

johnnyb is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone used Express Exports to move stuff stateside?

ok 90 views and no response, not a good ad for express exports.
Anyone able to recommend a company they used instead then?
Old Apr 27th 2012, 10:59 am
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

There was another thread a couple of days ago talking about what to bring over to the UK which touched on a couple of moving companies. I can't remember if any company names were given. We shipped about 6 boxes of stuff over and I thought we used M&A Shipping but I can't find them on the web, it was 6 years ago - sorry!

Here's the link for the thread:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=755484

Hope it helps!
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:32 am
Just Joined

uncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really nice

Hi Johnny B, did you end up using that company or another? I have about 6 smallish boxes of things I'd like to send over, much less than half a container, and not really sure the best/cheapest way to go about it.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 8:51 am
Forum Regular

HighCountry will become famous soon enoughHighCountry will become famous soon enough

It was a few years ago now, but I used Excess Baggage and it went quite smoothly.
Old Jul 7th 2012, 11:33 am
Just Joined

uncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really niceuncletravlingphil is just really nice

Originally Posted by HighCountry
It was a few years ago now, but I used Excess Baggage and it went quite smoothly.
Thanks - they seem to be what I'm looking for!