Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone taken dogs on AA as checked baggage?

Wikiposts

Anyone taken dogs on AA as checked baggage?

Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:48 am
BE Enthusiast

captainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond reputecaptainsensible has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone taken dogs on AA as checked baggage?

I was looking into similar with AA when investigating taking my cat to the US - their website does make it sound quite simple and a lot cheaper than BA cargo! I would, however, be wary of the time you intend to fly and the ground temperatures that will be in effect at each point of the trip as if they are forecast to be over 85 degrees fahrenheit, then your pets won't be allowed to travel and you won't know until the day you mean to fly!

Of course, this shouldn't be a problem in October. The other thing to be wary of is that a lot of AA flights from the UK are actually operated by BA and hence, you will not be allowed to take them as excess baggage.
Old Aug 16th 2012, 1:53 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone taken dogs on AA as checked baggage?

Originally Posted by AmyEllison
Thanks JerseyGirl - got them this week with their rabies jabs. Downloaded NY state law on importing dogs just to be sure on any state-specific regs but just says rabies vac and health certificate.
Some states require a live rabies vaccine...have you checked to see what type of vaccine NY requires? If your pets have not had the correct one they will need to be revaccinated.