Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Stamford, CT (Or surrounding area)?

Wikiposts

Anyone in Stamford, CT (Or surrounding area)?

Old May 12th 2010, 6:16 am
Just Joined

Dreamingaloud is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Stamford, CT (Or surrounding area)?

I've seen some old threads going back 2-3 years, but are people still around? If so I would like to arrange a meetup! I've just moved to the area and moved to an apartment in Stamford CT.

Once I know how many people are interested in meeting, I will sort out a time and venue!

DA
Old May 12th 2010, 7:51 am
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone in Stamford, CT (Or surrounding area)?

Not until January unfortunately, then will be in Norwalk area, I'm sure I'll be looking forward to a beer!
Old May 26th 2010, 12:16 am
Just Joined

Dreamingaloud is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by King Gimp
Not until January unfortunately, then will be in Norwalk area, I'm sure I'll be looking forward to a beer!
I'm going to bump this thread!!! any expats fancy a meetup at some point?!
Old Oct 26th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

King Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant futureKing Gimp has a brilliant future

Boing. Got my visa - Have to be there by end of Feb.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 6:00 am
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Hi guys

I moved to Darien (work in Norwalk) in June and my wife joined me at the end of Sept. So we are in the area and would be happy to meet up

Cheers
Charlie
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

Hey up - will be in Westport from Feb 28th. Will probably need a few pints by mid March once the initial shock has eased.
Old Dec 21st 2010, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

NSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to allNSBlake is a name known to all

Will look forward to it! Good luck with the move over!!!!
Old Dec 24th 2010, 2:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Hey guys, sorry have only just seen this post. We're in Bethel, have been here for 10 months so could possibly drive or get a train if you're going to arrange something. Keep us posted if you'd like to arrange a meet up
Old Jan 22nd 2011, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

Bethel...

You'll know Redding Ridge roadhouse then! Was in there a few times on my last trip over.
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:28 pm
Just Joined

Thallo will become famous soon enoughThallo will become famous soon enough

Hey everyone ...

I hope to be moving out to Hartford, CT in January, 2012.

Are you still around?
Fancy a beer?
.... I'm buying if you can give me some tips on how to survive my first few months
Old Nov 4th 2011, 10:34 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thallo
Hey everyone ...

I hope to be moving out to Hartford, CT in January, 2012.

Are you still around?
Fancy a beer?
.... I'm buying if you can give me some tips on how to survive my first few months
Mrs tonrob and I are just 20 minutes or do north of Hartford - just on the MA/CT border. We've been here for close to 7 years. Moved here with my job (L1-A > GC > now naturalizing). We arrived in February - Brrr! Drop me a line if you need any info - be happy to help.

Last edited by tonrob; Nov 4th 2011 at 10:42 pm.
Old Nov 5th 2011, 9:16 pm
Just Joined

Thallo will become famous soon enoughThallo will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by tonrob
Mrs tonrob and I are just 20 minutes or do north of Hartford - just on the MA/CT border. We've been here for close to 7 years. Moved here with my job (L1-A > GC > now naturalizing). We arrived in February - Brrr! Drop me a line if you need any info - be happy to help.
Thank you! :-)

I very much appreciate it!
I have friends in CT, but they don't always appreciate some of the <ahem> 'challenges' moving to America can present.

Hey, you're up near the border? One of the areas I've been looking at getting an apartment is Enfield! (Well, either that or the centre of Hartford, which I'm not too keen on.)

I'll be coming in on an L1-B visa ... I have no idea how long I'll be staying at this time. There's an imballance in the number of people available to perform my job role between the UK and the US, so I guess there's a possibility they might extend my visa to the full 5 years!

Thanks again!
T
Old Nov 5th 2011, 11:09 pm
Septic Sprout

tonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond reputetonrob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thallo
Thank you! :-)

I very much appreciate it!
I have friends in CT, but they don't always appreciate some of the <ahem> 'challenges' moving to America can present.

Hey, you're up near the border? One of the areas I've been looking at getting an apartment is Enfield! (Well, either that or the centre of Hartford, which I'm not too keen on.)

I'll be coming in on an L1-B visa ... I have no idea how long I'll be staying at this time. There's an imballance in the number of people available to perform my job role between the UK and the US, so I guess there's a possibility they might extend my visa to the full 5 years!

Thanks again!
T
Certain bits of Enfield are nice, and I have people at work living in Windsor, South Windsor, Suffield, Broadbrook and West Hartford who all like where they live. Are you set on an apartment or have you considered anything else, e.g. condo? I take it you're looking to rent. There aren't too many apartments round this area so may limit choice a bit.