Reload this Page >

anyone regretted becoming a us citizen

anyone regretted becoming a us citizen

Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:05 pm
Account Closed

TruBrit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: anyone regretted becoming a us citizen

from the s.service website.....

If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service. It’s the law.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

aragorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TruBrit
nope, once you get your ss number you have to inform selective service and then take it from there....it's down to you to do it nobody contacts you, lots of people have fallen into that trap and it's cost them
Then I will just keep quiet... LOL
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:06 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Even illegals are supposed to sign up ................
god help america
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:07 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by aragorngw

exactly
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

aragorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond reputearagorngw has a reputation beyond repute

from the s.service website.....

If you are a man ages 18 through 25 and living in the U.S., then you must register with Selective Service. It’s the law.
I wonder what the statute of limitations is...
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:26 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

I knew as a GC holder you could be called for military service.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:28 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

a male has to sign up for selective service when they get their green card, my son did, and it's a violation i think they call it if you don't.... i presume that's what the op is referring to.

i've heard of males being fined quite heavily for not signing up
It goes against the moral conduct thing, so would need to wait another 5 years or 3 years if married to a septic before you could show "good moral character" before applying for citizenship.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:29 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, let's just say nobody pointed to a piece of paper and said "Sign here for selective service" and I don't know how to check. So I answered "No". I thought lying, even unintentionally, might be a bad thing.
It is posted in every post office though...but couldn't say I'd have noticed it either if I hadn't already known about it.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:30 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

nope, once you get your ss number you have to inform selective service and then take it from there....it's down to you to do it nobody contacts you, lots of people have fallen into that trap and it's cost them
depends on your status, if your on a temp visa like an H1B, you don't have to sign up, nor on a student visa I think.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:45 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bob
depends on your status, if your on a temp visa like an H1B, you don't have to sign up, nor on a student visa I think.
here's a useful link from the ss website as to who signs up http://www.sss.gov/MUST.HTM
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:53 pm
Banned

Hank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really nice

Hi there, I'm new here.

This is an interesting thread. Being a USC born and bred I do find it strange that US citizenship is taken so lightly by some. It is a priviledge many in the world would sacrifice much for.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:57 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Hank76
This is an interesting thread. Being a USC born and bred I do find it strange that US citizenship is taken so lightly by some. It is a priviledge many in the world would sacrifice much for.
Aye, but most here on BE ain't from some poor deprived nation, so most do it so we don't have to deal with the ball ache that's USCIS, and mostly because of family, so if you do decide to bugger off, it ain't a hassle to come back to if it don't work out.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:57 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Hank76
Hi there, I'm new here.

hi hank and welcome

btw i've got a green card up for grabs with 9 yrs left on it if you know anyone that's interested
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:04 pm
Banned

Hank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really niceHank76 is just really nice

hi hank and welcome

btw i've got a green card up for grabs with 9 yrs left on it if you know anyone that's interested
Are you leaving then? Why?
I thought it was difficult to get a work visa here in the US.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:07 pm
Account Closed

shhhh.....from the ss website....

What is the penalty for not registering?

If you do not register, you could be prosecuted and fined up to $250,000 and/or be put in jail for up to five years. Registration is also a requirement to qualify for Federal student aid, job training benefits, and most Federal employment.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.