British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Anyone recently filed I751 through VT? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/anyone-recently-filed-i751-through-vt-711956/)

penguinbar May 6th 2011 3:16 pm

Re: Anyone recently filed I751 through VT?

Originally Posted by kimbap (Post 9347394)
just filed hubbys via certified mail. it was delivered on May 5 according to the USPS. Just wondering about biometrics appt: Do you get any choice of time or dates for biometrics appt or do they just send one and expect you to show up?

You'll get a notice in the mail sent to you with the date and time of your husband's appointment. He'll need to show up with the notice and picture I.D.

welshgirl1 May 10th 2011 2:03 am

Just to update I got my appointment letter for biometrics through the post today, it is for June 2nd a 10am, which will give hubby and I a well deserved mid week day off...oh and we already had a 4 day week due to memorial day, now it is a 3day week! happiness all round :) Having a 'Bo and a Guinness to celebrate!

Moxie May 12th 2011 8:07 pm

Originally Posted by kimbap (Post 9347394)
just filed hubbys via certified mail. it was delivered on May 5 according to the USPS. Just wondering about biometrics appt: Do you get any choice of time or dates for biometrics appt or do they just send one and expect you to show up?

If you don't like the date/time they assign you can try an early walk-in at your ASC. Most people report that they are allowed in. Take your appointment form and photo id. We did that successfully a couple of months ago, about 2 weeks before our scheduled appointment. You might want to go in the afternoon when they are less busy and will have more time to take you.

clarissageo May 12th 2011 10:29 pm

I received my 10 year card today, Along with one of the kids..... I'm sure the other one will follow soon - when I check the case status for the missing one it says card production ordered, so its all good!

Another part of this journey over with! Next stop..... Citizenship application in September!!

w00t!! :D :D :D

meauxna May 12th 2011 10:44 pm

Congrats to all of you, in advance!

penguinbar May 13th 2011 3:21 am

Originally Posted by clarissageo (Post 9360897)
I received my 10 year card today, Along with one of the kids..... I'm sure the other one will follow soon - when I check the case status for the missing one it says card production ordered, so its all good!

Another part of this journey over with! Next stop..... Citizenship application in September!!

Congrats!!!!:thumbsup:

welshgirl1 May 14th 2011 11:54 am

Originally Posted by clarissageo (Post 9360897)

CONGRATS CLARISSAGEO!!! :thumbsup: