Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in PA, DE or MD????

Anyone in PA, DE or MD????

Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:34 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone in PA, DE or MD????

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I am originally from Sheffield, moved to Chester in 1979, then moved here in 1996. My sister is a teacher in Woolston and my parents moved there about 15 yrs ago. My husband is from Runcorn so yes we know Winwick, in fact we were talking about that development the last time we were in the UK.

Small world, yes it certainly is. About 12 yrs ago we were waiting in line for the elevator at the Eiffel Tower and in front of us were a group of school kids. My husband said that they had a Warrington accent, so I asked them what school they were from and it turned out my sister was their teacher.
Talk about a small world, I grew up in Wrexham, my sister, her hubby and my neice and nephew are in Winsford!! damn it's a small world and getting smaller.

Wolf, i'm in Christiana Village, about a mile and a bit from the shopping Mall
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:44 am
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Wildandcrazy0525
Talk about a small world, I grew up in Wrexham, my sister, her hubby and my neice and nephew are in Winsford!! damn it's a small world and getting smaller.

It's even smaller - we used to live in Middlewich which is about 3 miles from Winsford. My wife used to work there - just off the A54!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:45 am
Pain in the Butt

Wildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant futureWildandcrazy0525 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Warrington Wolf
It's even smaller - we used to live in Middlewich which is about 3 miles from Winsford. My wife used to work there - just off the A54!
Now your scaring me LOL
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:51 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

OK then well listen up. I lived in Rossett and my bessie friend who now lives in Tarporley was born and bred in Winsford.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:56 am
Pain in the Butt

OK then well listen up. I lived in Rossett and my bessie friend who now lives in Tarporley was born and bred in Winsford.
Now I'm freaking scared lol, so bad I just hid under the covers lol
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:56 am
How many vacation days?

Warrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to allWarrington Wolf is a name known to all

Your bessie mate must have done very well for her/him self = or married well. We used to take our cat to the vet there and used to drool at the houses in Tarpoley - something we didn't do when we drove through Winsford!

Where about's in Sheffield. My wife's best mate at Uni came from Swinton in Rotherham!
Old Apr 11th 2006, 1:58 am
Pain in the Butt

Your bessie mate must have done very well for her/him self = or married well. We used to take our cat to the vet there and used to drool at the houses in Tarpoley - something we didn't do when we drove through Winsford!

Where about's in Sheffield. My wife's best mate at Uni came from Swinton in Rotherham!
The one thing I like about Winsford is if I need to go to the shopping mall there, I can walk through the whole thing in less than 2 minues, come on I'm a guy and hate shopping
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:05 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Yes Tarporley is very nice, we nearly bought a little cottage there last year. We drove through Rossett and up to Llay just to see how things had changed, didn't get as far as Wrexham though.

Nr Grenoside but I think its changed a lot since I lived there.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Yes Tarporley is very nice, we nearly bought a little cottage there last year. We drove through Rossett and up to Llay just to see how things had changed, didn't get as far as Wrexham.

There are at least two guys on BE USA that used to live in Chester.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:09 am
Pain in the Butt

Yes Tarporley is very nice, we nearly bought a little cottage there last year. We drove through Rossett and up to Llay just to see how things had changed, didn't get as far as Wrexham though.

If you'd driven 3 miles up th road to the Chester Roundabout, you'd have been able to see the house I grew up at.
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:12 am
SUPER MODERATOR

If you'd driven 3 miles up th road to the Chester Roundabout, you'd have been able to see the house I grew up at.
Do you mean the large roundabout near the miners memorial?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:39 am
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

There are at least two guys on BE USA that used to live in Chester.

I used to shag someone who lived near Chester - does that count?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 2:56 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
OMG do you think it could be anyone from this forum?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:10 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sarah
I use to watch Hollyoakes, does that count?
Old Apr 11th 2006, 3:17 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Bob
I use to watch Hollyoakes, does that count?

Of course, I don't see why not.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.