Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

For anyone near a Meijers Store.

For anyone near a Meijers Store.

Old Oct 14th 2004, 8:16 pm
Gravity Always Wins

a lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant futurea lad insane has a brilliant future
Talking Re: For anyone near a Meijers Store.

Is there an actual 'British food' section in Meijers? I'm in DE so too far away for me, but I have some friends who are going home to Michigan next week for a holiday...I think I should get them to score me some Yorkies...mmmmmm!
Biscuit and raisin are the dogs bollox.

The beer selection round here is pretty good, in addition to all the US ones, you can get Stella, Bass (don't know why you'd want to though), Carling, Boddies, loads of UK beers. Hell, they even sell Glasgow's finest(?) Tennent's Lager - it comes in fancy wee bottles here, and is sold in the 'Imported' section as if it's some kind of exotic brew.

Which cracks me up, having grown up in the West of Scotland, where it's mandatory to drink lots of it as soon as ye turn 14.
Old Oct 14th 2004, 9:55 pm
Forum Regular

Big Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of lightBig Vern is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: For anyone near a Meijers Store.

Originally Posted by a lad insane
Is there an actual 'British food' section in Meijers? I'm in DE so too far away for me, but I have some friends who are going home to Michigan next week for a holiday...I think I should get them to score me some Yorkies...mmmmmm!

The beer selection round here is pretty good, in addition to all the US ones, you can get Stella, Bass (don't know why you'd want to though), Carling, Boddies, loads of UK beers. Hell, they even sell Glasgow's finest(?) Tennent's Lager - it comes in fancy wee bottles here, and is sold in the 'Imported' section as if it's some kind of exotic brew.

Which cracks me up, having grown up in the West of Scotland, where it's mandatory to drink lots of it as soon as ye turn 14.
It always cracks me up that someone managed to convince the Yanks that Heiniken was some sort of gourmet beer...
Old Oct 14th 2004, 11:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by a lad insane
Yes... well at least in my local store... they have an entire aisle that sells imported foods and it is split up into sections... british, french, dutch, polish etc.

Ash
Old Oct 15th 2004, 11:16 am
Gotta have more cowbell

HoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond reputeHoosierDaddy has a reputation beyond repute

They have it in all 3 Meijer locations here in Fort Wayne, Indiana also. I picked up some Ribena the other day - $5.99 for a not-so-large bottle. Oh well, it beats driving 6 hours (round trip) to Jungle Jim's in Fairfield, OH for a fix of Jacob's Cream Crackers and Heinz Mulligatawny
Old Oct 17th 2004, 7:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

Mad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond reputeMad Max7 has a reputation beyond repute

Our loacal Myers still seems to be holding back on getting the Brit stuff in (or out depending on your point of veiw!!) but we did manage to pick up some Brit food at a store out of town. My wife was "unconvinced" before she tried them that Heinz Baked Beanz were better than the US brands but now she has tried them she conceedes that I was right. The sauce is richer!! We will have to stock up in a month when we go through there to pick up my folks from the airport.