Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone married to a Russain, please help me

Anyone married to a Russain, please help me

Old Jun 29th 2002, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

Inaleda is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone married to a Russain, please help me

I know that it isn`t the best place to ask but sill think you guys might help me.
I`m going with my US huband to Russia for a year. The US organization that has invited and sponsored him will provide him with an invitation but NOT me, in spite the fact that I am his dependant.
Any idea how we could obtain a visa. Should we use one of these companies that could provide a year long multiple entry business visa? Is it safe to have such kind of visa since I will have no" business "there?
Any experience with such American or Russian company?
Is it safe to pay with a debit card on line to a Russian company?
Old Jun 30th 2002, 6:20 am
Mrs_blackross

Default Re: Anyone married to a Russain, please help me

unless I am reading this wrong, and unless Russia has some really weird laws
regarding their own citizens; your husband is the US citizen, and you are the
Russian....in which case, WHY would you, as a citizen, need a visa to visit your
own country?

"Inaleda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > I know that it isn`t the best place to ask but sill think you guys might help me.
    > I`m going with my US huband to Russia for a year. The US organization that has
    > invited and sponsored him will provide him with an invitation but NOT me, in spite
    > the fact that I am his dependant. Any idea how we could obtain a visa. Should we
    > use one of these companies that could provide a year long multiple entry business
    > visa? Is it safe to have such kind of visa since I will have no" business "there?
    > Any experience with such American or Russian company? Is it safe to pay with a
    > debit card on line to a Russian company?
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Jun 30th 2002, 10:20 am
Marjeta

"Mrs_Blackross" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > unless I am reading this wrong, and unless Russia has some really weird laws
    > regarding their own citizens; your husband is the US citizen, and you are the
    > Russian....in which case, WHY would you, as a citizen, need a visa to visit your
    > own country?
    >
    > "Inaleda" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > I know that it isn`t the best place to ask but sill think you guys might help me.
    > > I`m going with my US huband to Russia for a year. The US organization that has
    > > invited and sponsored him will provide him with an invitation but NOT me, in
    > > spite the fact that I am his dependant. Any idea how we could obtain a visa.
    > > Should we use one of these companies that could provide a year long multiple
    > > entry business visa? Is it safe to have such kind of visa since I will have no"
    > > business "there? Any experience with such American or Russian company? Is it safe
    > > to pay with a debit card on line to a Russian company?
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

I think that they are both American citizens since this is off topic and has nothing
to do with the marriage based visa, but the fact that she wants to go to Russia with
her husband. Is that right? I don't have an answer, but I'll ask a friend who has
lived in Russia for 3 years.

Old Jun 30th 2002, 5:20 pm
Mark

Visit www.ruscon.com and learn what to do to obtain a visa to Russia. No, do not use
your debit card. Ask your travel agency to help you with a visa to Russia. It's going
to cost you about $25 in addition to the cost of a visa, which is about $70. If you
are going to use any travel agency owned by Russians, they will arrange you a visa
with no problem.

Inaleda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > I know that it isn`t the best place to ask but sill think you guys might help me.
    > I`m going with my US huband to Russia for a year. The US organization that has
    > invited and sponsored him will provide him with an invitation but NOT me, in spite
    > the fact that I am his dependant. Any idea how we could obtain a visa. Should we
    > use one of these companies that could provide a year long multiple entry business
    > visa? Is it safe to have such kind of visa since I will have no" business "there?
    > Any experience with such American or Russian company? Is it safe to pay with a
    > debit card on line to a Russian company?

Old Jun 30th 2002, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Just to put an end to some of your hard thinkingbviously I am not a Russian or American .
I am a GC holder married to an American, who is going to Russia to do his job there for a year. I am going with him.
I know it is off the topic but I know that there are some smart people married to Russians in this group and that they might have some experience in obtaining multiple re- entry visas for Russia.
Thanks Mark.
Old Jul 1st 2002, 2:20 pm
Paul

Inaleda <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > Just to put an end to some of your hard thinkingbviously I am not a Russian or
    > American . I am a GC holder married to an American, who is going to Russia to do
    > his job there for a year. I am going with him. I know it is off the topic but I
    > know that there are some smart people married to Russians in this group and that
    > they might have some experience in obtaining multiple re- entry visas for Russia.
    > Thanks Mark.

I've travelled to Russia a couple of times on visas sponsored by academic exchange
organizations. And I know that they routinely sponsored visas for spouses and family
members. Why isn't your husband's company doing this for you? Is it because you are
not a USC? Russian consulates can issue multiple re-entry visas, but they are
probably going to expect some kind of invitation or business proposal issued to you.
I don't know if you are turning to this group as a last resort, but I think your best
bet would be to follow up with your spouse's company.

Old Jul 2nd 2002, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

My husband`s organiztion is exactely such an academic exchange organization and you would expect that they would do an invitation for the spouse as well. They refuse to do it because they say they don`t do it in general.
Thanks Paul