Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Houston ?

Wikiposts

Anyone in Houston ?

Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:27 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in Houston ?

Originally Posted by another bloody yank
The first thing I would do is look up the word "penultimate".

And then I would go for a long walk, just seeing and breathing and listening so that when I got back to the states I could close my eyes and see the sights and smell the smells and hear the sounds and be back there again, if only for a few minutes.
No problems with the latter - London is in my neurons
Old Aug 31st 2007, 12:28 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
No problems with the latter - London is in my neurons
That's what I thought would you say.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:23 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Regarding yours, dear Mrs. JumpinD'ris,
Of Friday 31st,
Although your baby
May be,
Keen on a cheers career,
How can I make it clear,
That this in not a good idea.
For her to hope,
Dear Mrs. JumpinD'ris,
Is on the face of it absurd,
Her personality
Is not in reality
Conforming enough,
And dull enough
For this particular sphere

Don't put your daughter on the stage, Mrs. JumpinD'ris,
Don't put your daughter on the stage,
The profession is overcrowded
And the struggle's pretty tough
And admitting the fact
She's burning to kick,
That isn't quite enough.
She has nice eyes, to give the lovely girl her due,
But don't you think her bust is too
Developed for her age?
I repeat
Mrs. JumpinD'ris,
Sweet
Mrs. JumpinD'ris,
Don't put your daughter on the cheers.

You could have told me that before I bought the outfit!
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:25 am
Who?

jumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond reputejumping doris has a reputation beyond repute

Well with all that it's not quite as bad, I guess.. And just think of the boost being a cheerleader will give her social life! Will she cheer a particular sport or do the same cheerleaders do all of them?
She will be cheering the 7th grade football team and once in the season she will get to cheer the varsity team.
My older daughters have told me all about the social life of a cheerleader and I'm not sure she needs that kind of boost
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:37 am
Unmitigated Gall

another bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond reputeanother bloody yank has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jumping doris
She will be cheering the 7th grade football team and once in the season she will get to cheer the varsity team.
My older daughters have told me all about the social life of a cheerleader and I'm not sure she needs that kind of boost

What are they trying to do, sabotage their sister's fun? Meanies...

It's only 7th grade, I don't think there's anything to worry about..

Is there?
Old Aug 31st 2007, 3:25 am
Who?

What are they trying to do, sabotage their sister's fun? Meanies...

It's only 7th grade, I don't think there's anything to worry about..

Is there?
Have you seen todays 7th graders In the team photo one of the cheerleaders looks at least 16.
Perhaps the 7th grade footballers will be more interested in the game.
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:18 pm
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Which adds up....my first grader has been at school for all of 4 days and so far we've had $52 school supplies, $3 for school diary/planner, $6 for PTA membership (optional, but any classes with 100% sign up of parents get a pizza party...............), T-shirt $15 (optional but all the kids wear them on Fridays..). First Fundraiser will be 1st week sept, and it goes on.....

Ps - round our way at least, not sure if this applies for the whole of Houston, the garbage collection is included in the HOA fees.

We have to pay for the bin man seperately, $59 per quarter :curse:

EEuugh
Old Aug 31st 2007, 2:26 pm
Account Closed

Perfumdiva1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you seen todays 7th graders In the team photo one of the cheerleaders looks at least 16.
Perhaps the 7th grade footballers will be more interested in the game.

My son plays football here in Houston, and I worry constantly about these cheerleaders leading him astray )
Old Sep 1st 2007, 6:54 am
Who?

Originally Posted by Perfumdiva1
My son plays football here in Houston, and I worry constantly about these cheerleaders leading him astray )
We've just got back from the first game of the season and the players and cheerleaders seemed oblivious of each other.

Long may it last.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:30 am
Unmitigated Gall

We've just got back from the first game of the season and the players and cheerleaders seemed oblivious of each other.

Long may it last.
So how did she like her first game as a cheerleader?
Old Sep 1st 2007, 8:59 am
Who?

So how did she like her first game as a cheerleader?
Moaned about the heat! But otherwise OK.
Sadly for her she has to come to the high school game tonight but at least all her friends will be there.
Old Sep 1st 2007, 3:56 pm
Unmitigated Gall

Moaned about the heat! But otherwise OK.
Sadly for her she has to come to the high school game tonight but at least all her friends will be there.
I understand, I played one year of football in high school, the first part of the season was horrible!:curse: After that I stuck to ice hockey, it was always cool at the rink! I hope she enjoys it otherwise.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 3:00 am
Who?

I understand, I played one year of football in high school, the first part of the season was horrible!:curse: After that I stuck to ice hockey, it was always cool at the rink! I hope she enjoys it otherwise.
The thing that gets me is the baseball.My friends son plays and his outfit(?) is made of really thick material. At every game there is usually one child who gets overcome by the heat. Where we are they play soccer and lacrosse all through the summer too.
Old Sep 2nd 2007, 9:58 pm
Chocoholic !

ChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond reputeChocolateBabz has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for all the replies guys. I now have a long list of bills to pay . I only have one son - so won't have to worry about a cheerleading outfit......at least I hope not!!!

We were out for a week last month having a look around the various areas, model homes etc. but haven't picked one out yet.

Had considered private school but after drive by the British International School think he might just go to the local school. I will have a visit but the place looked so run down from the exterior it put me right off.

So much to think about my head is spinning....think I'll go off for a cup of tea and a hob nob while I can still enjoy the finer things....