Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

anyone have an idea of my options

anyone have an idea of my options

Old Sep 19th 2002, 8:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point
Default anyone have an idea of my options

ok my I-130 has been approved, but awaiting an RFE from MSC regarding K-3, but the problem is, me and my husband were expecting the K-3 to be processed a lot quicker than the I-130 and as it says on the form i read that we didnt have to file for my children if we were filing for K-3, because we could adjust status, but if my I-130 gets processed a lot quicker, how will i get my children into the US with me, without our family being seperated, someone please advise me
Old Sep 19th 2002, 10:18 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: anyone have an idea of my options

Originally posted by mrsstrickland:
ok my I-130 has been approved, but awaiting an RFE from MSC regarding K-3, but the problem is, me and my husband were expecting the K-3 to be processed a lot quicker than the I-130 and as it says on the form i read that we didnt have to file for my children if we were filing for K-3, because we could adjust status, but if my I-130 gets processed a lot quicker, how will i get my children into the US with me, without our family being seperated, someone please advise me
there is no option to rejoin you all at the same time if you haven't filed already for the children via form I-130. You can delay the processing of your I-130 at the Consulate until your children's clear here in the States or you can wait out the K-3. Something similar occurred to a poster from Canada a year or so ago. She didn't know that she had to file the I-130 for her child and only filed for herself. When she discovered the error, she was fortunate that the US Consulate in Montreal held on to her approved I-130 until her daughter's came through so that only one trip from Western Canadian had to be made to Montreal for the interview.

Rete
Old Sep 20th 2002, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

mrsstrickland is an unknown quantity at this point

but does an I-130 have about the same timeline for a child as it does for a spouse, im so worried about it
Old Sep 20th 2002, 8:51 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

but does an I-130 have about the same timeline for a child as it does for a spouse, im so worried about it
Unfortunately it does. You can try calling them at the service center and asking them if you can forward the child's on to them with a special notation for it to be joined up with yours especially since you already have a case number.

Worth a try.

Rete
Old Sep 21st 2002, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

I'm not sure where you are filing.
In our case (we filed the I-130 in London)
My 17 year old daughter hadn't decided whether to emigrate
with me at the time we filed, so I went ahead.
About a month later she made her final decision (teenage
girls !!!) and we filed her.
I emailed the INS in London and they agreed to link the two
I-130's application and run them together.
It seems they must have speeded hers up because the process and interviews ran concurrently and there didn't seem
to be any delays.
It was 3.5 months from me filing until OUR interviews, so effectively my daughters only took 2.5 months.

This may not apply to you but may help someone else in a similar position, who reads this thread.