Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone with experience of living dairy free in the US?

Anyone with experience of living dairy free in the US?

Old Feb 13th 2011, 4:45 am
Powder Maggot

AdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond reputeAdobePinon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with experience of living dairy free in the US?

Originally Posted by The Horticulturalist
It's a proper pain in the butt, you can add wheat to that list aswell.

What spread/marg do you use? I was looking for one that tasted really buttery (to make butter icing) I like earth balance but the taste of soy and other fats can be quite strong.
I just use Earth Balance. Really don't like the taste or smell of butter anymore. But I have seen butter flavorings. Maybe you could use some to try and adjust the flavor if it's not too full of other crap.
Old Feb 13th 2011, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond reputeThe Horticulturalist has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone with experience of living dairy free in the US?

Originally Posted by AdobePinon
I just use Earth Balance. Really don't like the taste or smell of butter anymore. But I have seen butter flavorings. Maybe you could use some to try and adjust the flavor if it's not too full of other crap.
I like it fine as a spread, I've never really been a margarine person but it's much more palatable than others I've tried in the past. I'm also on a gluten free diet which is interesting, but I'm getting used to it.