Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Anyone in DC?

Anyone in DC?

Old Sep 3rd 2007, 4:57 pm
Just Joined

BD25 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in DC?

Any Brits in DC want to get together, drink tea, eat baked beans and the like? Drop me a line!
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 6:38 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone in DC?

You can usually find a fair few here on Saturday morning watching the matches via satellite.

http://www.luckybardc.com/soccer.asp
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 7:09 pm
Just Joined

That's great!

Liverpool fans???
Old Sep 3rd 2007, 8:44 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BD25
That's great!

Liverpool fans???
The owner (Paul) is a Man Utd fan from Cardiff, but if there is a game involving any of the 'Big 4' you'll find a pretty good crowd. Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea and L'pool will bring in some numbers, with a smattering of random other fans for other clubs (including some Serie A guys who occasionally show up for their matches and a couple of Germans watching Bundslg.)

Usually has a 'English Breakfast' of ham toast and beans for Saturdays.
Old Sep 7th 2007, 2:00 am
Just Joined

rvincent75 is an unknown quantity at this point

if you're in the northern virginia side ro near a metro, summers Bar is a good place to watch footy too. Its by courthouse metro and always packed with an international clientele.
Talking of baked beans I just found them in my local Giant. That is a large step forward.
Old Sep 9th 2007, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

Good tips guys. went to the game at lucky bar yesterday. good atmosphere, good food. i'll definitely be back for the russia game.
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:50 am
Just Joined

sloulamp is an unknown quantity at this point

Am just outside DC and luckily married a yank who knows real footie... Thanks for the tips on pubs... might have to check em out!

Also Giant/Harris Teeter have Ribina (sp?), and Hob Nobs!!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: Anyone in DC?

Originally Posted by penguinsix
The owner (Paul) is a Man Utd fan
I hope that he seeks the appropiate treatment for his affliction sometime soon

Jim.
Old Apr 26th 2008, 2:08 pm
Just Joined

laura1984 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all!

I'm Laura and I'm moving to the DC area in July. Don't know anyone so it would be great to meet up with some of you who are also in the area as slightly daunted by it all at the moment but really excited
Old Apr 26th 2008, 5:25 pm

Hi

Don't be overly daunted. You'll come to find pretty quickly that nearly everyone in DC is a transplant from somewhere else. In fact, if you find someone who was born and raised in the DC area (and still living there today) that will be the rarity.

DC has a pretty vibrant international community, what with each country having an Embassy, the World Bank, the IMF, and all of the media outlets from around the world having office in DC. You'll start to meet a lot of people who have come from somewhere else and can share with you some of the adventures and some advice.

If you want to stay in the UK sphere, the football pubs are a good place to meet folks. If that is not your scene, you can also check with the Embassy which occasionally puts on social events that are more or less open to the general community.

Good luck with the move and let us know when you've landed.
Old Jun 26th 2008, 7:59 pm
Just Joined

Londoner1974 is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Berryville, VA. My wife and two children moved into the area a year and a half ago.
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sloulamp
Am just outside DC and luckily married a yank who knows real footie... Thanks for the tips on pubs... might have to check em out!

Also Giant/Harris Teeter have Ribina (sp?), and Hob Nobs!!!
Wegmans and Super Giant have PG Tipps, marmite, pickled onions and a much better selection of Madam Pattaks curry sauces
Old Oct 24th 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Janek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond reputeJanek66 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Londoner1974
I am in Berryville, VA. My wife and two children moved into the area a year and a half ago.
No way! Berryville is just down the road from me....I knew there were Brits in this area!
Old Feb 16th 2009, 7:16 pm
Just Joined

ScotlandStew is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Janek66
Wegmans and Super Giant have PG Tipps, marmite, pickled onions and a much better selection of Madam Pattaks curry sauces
There is a little UK food shop on Wilson Boulevard in the middle of Clarendon which sells everything from Walkers crisps to Irn Bru!!

Anyway just newly moved to the area, will have to try out Summers, its right beside me...!!
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:26 am
Forum Regular

Islandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really niceIslandgurl is just really nice

Originally Posted by ScotlandStew
There is a little UK food shop on Wilson Boulevard in the middle of Clarendon which sells everything from Walkers crisps to Irn Bru!!

Anyway just newly moved to the area, will have to try out Summers, its right beside me...!!
what's the name of the store?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.