Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

Any one in Placerville/ Folsom area CA ?

Any one in Placerville/ Folsom area CA ?

Old Jan 27th 2010, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

paula b1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Any one in Placerville/ Folsom area CA ?

Moved here in July 09, and although I like the area I am struggling to meet people I can connect with. My work friends are in their 70's ( I'm 34!) every one keeps them selves to them selves at the gym I joined. Met a couple of mums at school , but would love to meet up with other Ex pats that are in the area, for a coffee, or glass of wine and a chat !! paula
Old Feb 2nd 2010, 7:18 pm
Just Joined

Britchique is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any one in Placerville/ Folsom area CA ?

Hi Paula,
Just found this Forum and joined. Not too many Brits around here, or none that I have found. Placerville/Folsom isn't too far away, if you want to get together maybe we can meet in Elk Grove or somewhere?? I'm in the Stockton area. Look forward to chatting soon.
Gwen
Old Feb 10th 2010, 11:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,

sorry for late reply. I was half expecting no one to answer! it would be great to meet up. Have I to PM you to arrange something ?
Old Feb 11th 2010, 5:37 am
Just Joined

Hi there,
I have no idea, just joined this forum ... how does it work? Would be great to meet and chat.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 4:48 am
Forum Regular

So........ there must be more of you out there than me and Gwen ....because 148 people have looked at this post !! and I know some people in Sacramento did a meet up last year because I was going to come along to the next one but it never got organised ( Pete i know your out there !!) so any one want to get together ? I will organise something if there is enough interest..
Old Mar 6th 2010, 12:11 am
SDO
Just Joined

SDO is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, I'm definitely interested. Just moved to Sacramento and I'm definitely missing some UK humour. Also finding it a bit hard to meet people. Fancy meeting up for a drink or something? Sheila

Last edited by SDO; Mar 6th 2010 at 12:13 am.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 11:15 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,

A drink sounds good. Gwen and I have been trying to sort something out but I have just had to cancel due to work, so may be all three of us can meet
Pm me to let me know when is good Where in Sac are you? how long you been here
Old Mar 10th 2010, 1:53 am
SDO
Just Joined

Sounds great. You've no idea how pleased I was to get your note! I know that might sound a bit pathetic but I was starting to feel quite sorry for myself. Don't worry though - I promise I'm not a psycho or anything.

I'm in East Sac. I moved here at the end of Jan from Miami. It's quite different ...

I work in Rancho Cordova during the day but can do any night - except this weekend. Any place is fine w/ me except that awful so-called British pub in mid-town. Have you been?
Old Mar 11th 2010, 1:42 am
Forum Regular

Hi Sheila I sent you a PM and you gwen
Old Mar 11th 2010, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

Hello Paula,
Sent Sheila a PM but haven't heard back, only PM I received from you was when you cancelled, did you send another? Let's do try and get together, I'm pretty busy until next Thursday, but any time after that looks good. This means you too Sheila !! We'll need a pint by then
Gwen
Old Mar 11th 2010, 11:26 pm
SDO
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Britchique
Hello Paula,
Sent Sheila a PM but haven't heard back, only PM I received from you was when you cancelled, did you send another? Let's do try and get together, I'm pretty busy until next Thursday, but any time after that looks good. This means you too Sheila !! We'll need a pint by then
Gwen
I'm going to display my stupidity here ... what's a PM? Believe it or not, I actually do teckie stuff for a living! Kind of embarrassing ...

A pint next week sounds perfect. I can do any night.
Old Mar 12th 2010, 5:28 am
Forum Regular

Hello. both of you
No Gwen sorry to confuse things the only Pm I sent you was to cancel sorry about that again, bloody work!
Did you sort the PM ( personal message) thing out Sheila ? think you may have to have posted a certain number of times to send one back to us.

Any way The only eves Im free next week are wed or Fri So if your free any of them Im good for next week. I like a glass of wine my self or vodka is good... I suppose I could get a pint of either !! Any suggestions where to meet?
Old Mar 12th 2010, 7:11 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SDO
I'm going to display my stupidity here ... what's a PM? Believe it or not, I actually do teckie stuff for a living! Kind of embarrassing ...

A pint next week sounds perfect. I can do any night.
Personal Message - click on the person's name and you get the option to send one - I think you must have had at least 5 post on the forum before it works to prevent spammers. You can see yours by going to your "My Profile".
Old Mar 12th 2010, 2:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by paula b1
Hello. both of you
No Gwen sorry to confuse things the only Pm I sent you was to cancel sorry about that again, bloody work!
Did you sort the PM ( personal message) thing out Sheila ? think you may have to have posted a certain number of times to send one back to us.

Any way The only eves Im free next week are wed or Fri So if your free any of them Im good for next week. I like a glass of wine my self or vodka is good... I suppose I could get a pint of either !! Any suggestions where to meet?
Friday, 19th is the only night I'm available, but it looks like that works. Let's meet in Elk Grove again, as that will be about half to 3/4 of the way to Sac for me. Any time is fine, will send future correspondence thru PM if that is working for you Sheila.
Gwen
Old Mar 14th 2010, 3:01 am
SDO
Just Joined

Smile Re: Any one in Placerville/ Folsom area CA ?

Haven't had a chance to figure out the PM thing yet (I'm away this weekend) but I'll try to get myself clued in next week.

Friday in Elk Grove sounds good to me. Any thoughts on where to meet? Looking forward to it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.