Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

any news yet from mumbai?

any news yet from mumbai?

Old Sep 23rd 2002, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point
Default any news yet from mumbai?

Does anyone have any updated news from mumbai consulate. I am just wondering if any one heard any good news there. I am devastated right now cause theres no movement.

Does anyone know how long administrative reviews last? We been under review for about 2 months now with no hope.

amy
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any news yet from mumbai?

Originally posted by amys:
Does anyone have any updated news from mumbai consulate. I am just wondering if any one heard any good news there. I am devastated right now cause theres no movement.

Does anyone know how long administrative reviews last? We been under review for about 2 months now with no hope.

amy
Hello Amy:

The last I heard was an e-mail from the consulate stating that our case required further investigation. This was in response to the million faxes I sent them so I stopped sending them anymore faxes or e-mails as they did respond to me.

Now, we have to wait and watch. It appears that the consulate is very secretive in what they do during admin. proc.--One thing was established that the admin. proc. didn't mean security checks, etc. it means a full-fledged investigation.

MD
Old Sep 23rd 2002, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

amys is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by mdmd101:

Now, we have to wait and watch. It appears that the consulate is very secretive in what they do during admin. proc.--One thing was established that the admin. proc. didn't mean security checks, etc. it means a full-fledged investigation.

MD
I am still sadden by all this. My life is being held up. I don't know why they want to waste their time trying to prove our relationship is legit. I am at work now and can't even function, crying all the time, even with antidepressants.

Md do you feel the same way, "why under review"

amy
Old Sep 24th 2002, 3:39 pm
Forum Regular

mdmd101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by amys:

I am still sadden by all this. My life is being held up. I don't know why they want to waste their time trying to prove our relationship is legit. I am at work now and can't even function, crying all the time, even with antidepressants.

Md do you feel the same way, "why under review"

amy
Amy:

The issue is not "whether the relationship is legit," the issue is "what more does the consulate want to know?" As per the requirements on the original 221(g) letter both you and I and Marge and Teamplayer and Anirban have provided them with what they requested which in fact proves that the relationship is legit.

Ya, I did go through the phase when I couldn't function, I'd be on internet all day waiting for a response to my post and trying to find more about what the consulate does, etc. Now, I've asked my wife not to put her life on hold and go back to college. I'm not putting my life on hold either after getting the e-mail from the consulate which meant that they didn't want anymore disturbance from me and that they won't tell me what MORE investigation are they going to do.

MD