Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

any good hotels in hollywood ?

any good hotels in hollywood ?

Old Jun 11th 2003, 9:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold
Question any good hotels in hollywood ?

Hope to be staying there but the one we looked at has had crap reviews - Hollywood Roosevelt, want to be near Universal also if possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
Old Jun 11th 2003, 12:40 pm
Forum Regular

chch is an unknown quantity at this point

I haven't got any personal recommendations since we only stayed in LA one night at the airport Hilton, but have you checked the citysearch website? They have lots of user reviews:

http://losangeles.citysearch.com/sea...tured_toprated

Looks like the Roosevelt gets guite a good rating here though
Old Jun 11th 2003, 12:48 pm
Banned

Ranjini will become famous soon enough
Default Re: any good hotels in hollywood ?

Originally posted by Carrianne
Hope to be staying there but the one we looked at has had crap reviews - Hollywood Roosevelt, want to be near Universal also if possible.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks
If you aren't looking for anything fancy, check out the Motel 6 chain. There's one right on Hollywood Blvd. It's just somewhere to hang your hat (as my husband would say) and stable your horse oops I meant to say park your car. But really, really close to all the Hollywoood attractions... and reasonably priced. Not bad at all...
http://www.motel6.com/reservations/m...p?MotelId=4044

Last edited by Ranjini; Jun 11th 2003 at 12:50 pm.
Old Jun 11th 2003, 1:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

thank you we liked the look of the mondrain or the sheraton universal ?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 3:19 pm
Banned

thank you we liked the look of the mondrain or the sheraton universal ?

I would consider the Roosevelt, which is also on Hollywood Blvd. if only for the atmosphere of of old Hollywood glamour. Just depends on what you are looking for:
http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com/
Old Jun 11th 2003, 3:36 pm
Banned

Originally posted by Ranjini
I would consider the Roosevelt, which is also on Hollywood Blvd. if only for the atmosphere of of old Hollywood glamour. Just depends on what you are looking for:
http://www.hollywoodroosevelt.com/
I guess just my taste. What you would get here is rather a large dose of Hollywood nostalgia. Check out the Frommer's review here:
http://www.frommers.com/destinations...n&search_type=
Old Jun 11th 2003, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks again I think I shal stick the the Roosevelt as it is an ideal location.

Any good restuarants you can recommend ?
Old Jun 11th 2003, 5:10 pm
Banned

thanks again I think I shal stick the the Roosevelt as it is an ideal location.

Any good restuarants you can recommend ?
Good choice. The location is just great. You are right on the Hollywood walk of fame, and you could walk to many of the attractions right from the hotel. I personally love old-world charm.
Our dining tastes are kind of eclectic. Also depends on your tastes in dining... fine dining, casual dining or both. Just get one of those good guide books. We dined at the California Pizza Kitchen in downtown LA. Very casual. Olive Gardens that kind of thing. I insisted on going to "Spago" as I am a fan of Wolfgang Puck. Chef to the stars, and all that stuff. Best of all, just ask at the front desk....