British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   USA (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/)
-   -   Any Brits in NW Arkansas? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-57/any-brits-nw-arkansas-641720/)

Chugabug Nov 22nd 2009 8:44 pm

Any Brits in NW Arkansas?

I know we are a rare bunch in this area but if anyone wants to touch base, let me know. I may even start a group.

scrubbedexpat097 Nov 23rd 2009 3:21 am

Re: Any Brits in NW Arkansas?

Nice bike!

(Sorry not in Arkansas)

Chugabug Nov 23rd 2009 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 8117885)
Nice bike!

(Sorry not in Arkansas)

Thanks, been a bit of a bikeoholic over the years. Lost count of how many I've bought and sold. Good to hear from you.

scrubbedexpat097 Nov 23rd 2009 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by Chugabug (Post 8118601)
Thanks, been a bit of a bikeoholic over the years. Lost count of how many I've bought and sold. Good to hear from you.

Are you my husband:ohmy:

We're now into the "comfort" ride, somewhere along the line we started to get old. But we're still enjoying:thumbsup:

Chugabug Nov 23rd 2009 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma (Post 8118761)
Are you my husband:ohmy:

We're now into the "comfort" ride, somewhere along the line we started to get old. But we're still enjoying:thumbsup:

Worked for a Kawasaki dealership in the mid 80's and owned many a crotch rocket. Now I'm happy to have slowed down to enjoy the countryside a little more.

bright777 Apr 3rd 2010 11:44 pm

Well my soon to be wife and I will be living in Little rock so not too far I don't think. So far I have not met any Brits in Arkansas or know of any?!

What part of Arkansas are you in?

Yeahh maybe we could start a group or something to that effect? Or sharing info about British food in the state?! Do you know of any?

Ohh I am a Brit and my soon to be wife is American.

Chugabug Nov 25th 2010 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by bright777 (Post 8470453)
Well my soon to be wife and I will be living in Little rock so not too far I don't think. So far I have not met any Brits in Arkansas or know of any?!

What part of Arkansas are you in?

Yeahh maybe we could start a group or something to that effect? Or sharing info about British food in the state?! Do you know of any?

Ohh I am a Brit and my soon to be wife is American.

Sorry......took me forever to respond. Hope you are doing well. Feel free to ask any questions about anything. Been a long dusty road of events since I moved to NWA back in 99. Happy Thanksgiving!

andy1 Nov 25th 2010 4:43 pm

Hi , just moved back to Birmingham U.K. from Conway AR ! let me know if theres any cabinet install work and we will move back !!!

Chugabug Nov 26th 2010 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by andy1 (Post 9003873)
Hi , just moved back to Birmingham U.K. from Conway AR ! let me know if theres any cabinet install work and we will move back !!!

Darn....missed yer! Know what you mean though, work was very hard to find for a while here. Hope all is well back in Birmingham. Be interested to hear what you thought of your time in the USA when you have a few minutes.

andy1 Nov 26th 2010 6:52 pm

Hi , sure , PM me and ill give you the 10 yrs worth !! thinking of writing a book !! Andy .

Bobhatton Aug 14th 2011 5:06 pm

I have been living in Bella Vista NWA for about a year now, having moved from Minnesota where I was living for 11 years

Chugabug Aug 16th 2011 1:01 pm

Hi Bob, hope you are enjoying the NWA area. Where are you from in the UK?

Bobhatton Aug 16th 2011 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Chugabug (Post 9562758)
Hi Bob, hope you are enjoying the NWA area. Where are you from in the UK?

I am from Kent SE England, where are you from?

Chugabug Aug 29th 2011 3:02 am

Norwich, East Anglia